On your mind right now???

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Over the last few days.. I've been overwhelmingly afraid of getting pregnant again... because I am for some reason convinced I am going to have back aches and morning sickness!!

The back pain.. it's probably going to definitely happen as I have chronic back pain now (on pain medication/going to physiotherapy and may have to have cortisone injections soon).. I am sure pregnancy will make it worse.

And about being sick, I'm afraid I'll be throwing up daily because I was fine mostly in my 1st pregnancy.

I'm also really scared about what will happen to my incision scar... Will it hurt and stretch when my tummy grows?? Will my bump look weird because of it??

So what's on everyone else's minds right now??

I'm worried I'll have to leave DF because he decides he doesn't want children. I'm worried me or DF could be infertile. I'm worried I'll have stillborn babies like my mum.

Tasha, I'm sure all the things you're worried about won't worry you when it's happening. Same as mine...

Im really worried i wont ever be able to concieve.....

xx

I've got mostly wedding related stuff on my mind at the moment. It's mostly where we're seating people, how we're going to sort out evening invitations now that our desktop is being tempremental and we're having to use a friend's laptop and I'd prefer to have all wedding stuff in the same place, how we're going to afford the little things I'd forgotten about like guestbook, when the cloak we've ordered for me is going to turn up, when the wedding rings are going to turn up, will one of the guys I've asked to DJ for me be able to do it considering his partner's having a c-section next week that's exactly 6 weeks before the wedding and she already has 2 children(one his and one from a previous relationship), how long will it take the couple of people we have left to RSVP to do so considering they should all be in by now, which friends should we choose to fill in the gaps left by the people who can't make it, will my parents remember to give me the money for the registrar or will they leave me in the lurch again, how can I invite the ladies darts tem that I'm on but not one girl who's on the team but that me, my fiance and most of our friends really dislike, and so on and so forth!

Then there's moving, which we need to do before we have children as our flat's unsuitable and we're ntnp from April! Will we get enough money from wedding presents for us to be able to move? Will there be a nice house with enough space that will both be available at the right time and with low enough rent? We've found an advert for what would pretty much be an ideal house for us for quite a long time but it's available now and is so ideal that it's likely to be well out of our price range, especially as it has off road parking for 2 cars which is highly sought after in the town we live in! I would be utterly chuffed if in April it is still available, they'll keep it a month for us and the rent is £600 a month or lower! It's got 3 double bedrooms, a bathroom and downstairs toilet, a split level living room and kitchen, a conservatory/utility room, a spacious cellar, a lawned garden and rear private parking for 2 cars so £600 a month is very, very wishful thinking- £1000 would probably be closer to the mark, especially considering the area! That's pretty much what we want from a house that we'd live in long term though!

Then I need a job. Is it fair on an employer for me to try to get one now when after application process and interviews are done I'd probably only be able to work a week before I have to leave for 2 weeks for the wedding and honeymoon? Would I even get employed when I have such provisions to place on an employer who invariably wants you to be very flexible? How do you change your name with the Jobcentre? How do you change your name on a current housing/ council tax benefit claim?

Then there's my degree. What happens with the uni once I'm married? Should I have my maiden name or my married name on my degree? How do I organise that? There's a distinct possibility that I'll be pregnant and in the first trimester during my final exam. Would there be time to inform the university? How would I cope in exams with morning sickness? What if I'm suffering pregnancy related symptoms but don't know that I'm pregnant as it's not the right time for me to test yet? How do I explain that to the university? What if I fail again? How would I feel about that? How would I cope with that? How would I feel if I'm pregnant at graduation? What if I fall asleep during the ceremony?

Then ttc related. What if the pill has completely messed up my body? How long should I wait to test after coming off the pill and ntnp as soon as the bleeding stops? How would I cope if we have difficulty conceiving? And so on and so forth!

I'm a pathological worrier and there's always something going through my head that's usually completely irrational and silly!

Beca :wave:

I sometimes think that after wanting to be pregnant so long, when I am, I might get stage fright and wish i was not pregnant and hate it! Stupid I know, but that's irrational fears for you.

^ Second that, I am so scared of labour, will we be able to afford the baby, will my house be done, will uni be effected by my pregnancy in the third year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->