Once you get GD, you always get it?

Ive had gd x 3 and have bf all my girls.

Expressing colostrum before the birth is a good idea to help with the baby's sugars. My milk took a little longer than average to come in but my girls were fine x

I had GD in my first pregnancy diagnosed at the routine test at 28weeks and was really worried about getting it again in subsequent pregnancies but I've since had two more babies and passed the GTT's with both of those pregnancies and each of those I was tested at 16 weeks and then 28 weeks, and passed with good scores. x

I just wanted to say that I did my 75 gr Glucose 2-Hour Test at 29 weeks and passed with great numbers despite having had GD in a previous pregnancy. (And I am over 40!). The statistics about whether you will get it again are all over the map. I read somewhere that the chances are between 30% and 85% that it will reoccur. Those percentages seem useless, don't they? 30% means it is unlikely to happen again and 85% means it is almost definitely going to happen again. Anyway, it makes me question whether my first diagnosis was really a borderline thing or not. Good luck everyone!

I had my 2 hour test yesterday (my god was that the most boring one yet, I forgot my book!) and I'm anxiously awaiting the results. It's 6:33am here so I should be able to find out later today if my midwife is at her computer to get the results.

I feel a vague morning sickness sensation when I eat a carb heavy meal now days so not eating too much 'junk' food anyway, should be easy to follow a GD diet if I have it again.

Well, I didn't avoid GD this time, pass was a 9.0 and my reading was a 9.3...bummed out :-(

At least you got 25 weeks... But it still sucks.

I found mine easier to control with my third x

Sorry to hear that minties. Good luck to you on keeping your levels well :hugs:

Unfortunately yes. I had it with my daughter. I had to check my blood everyday and watch what I ate. I am 29 weeks pregnant and have it again. I was hoping I wouldn't but did research and read once you get it you always get it. This time seems worse for me though. Last time I could have a little bit of carbs. This time my nutritionist thinks I am carb sensitive and might put me on insulin because my levels have been high. Not fun. I miss all my favorite food. I feel deprived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->