one born every minute

LucyHF

Reaction score
Just watched this and am in tears. Trish was so lovely and I'm so happy she has a lovely husband and they're able to bring up their lovely daughter together. What a beautiful episode it was tonight.

I agree she was spectacular wasn't she? An inspirational family with so much love for one another :)

I agree she was spectacular wasn't she? An inspirational family with so much love for one another :)

I'd seen someone on fb put 'how can you let a ****** bring up a baby' .....
Thing is, I bet she'd be more loving and attentive than most of the scrote bags out there daring to call themselves mothers these days!
When she first said "your not going to take my baby away are you, I love it" my heart just broke!
Loved the 7 weeks on bit, I was thinking it may have been a better option to help her to establish breast feeding rather than formula because of the memory thing but she looked like she was doing just fine!

I was a complete emotional wreck last light. So glad everything went well for them x

i found it a really touching heartfelt episode, so glad i stayed up to watch it

she was lovely! just watched it in tears! as for the other couple well...'im sorry its a girl!?' honestly who says that be greatful for your child!! hope that little girl never watches that episode! x

when she had her and she said 'i want to keep her' as if she was a little kitten she had found it was so cute <3
she's gonna be a great mummy!

it was a lovely episode, trish was an inspiration to many women and i agree with another post that although disabled will probably make a better mum than some out there who qiute frankly couldnt care less. i loved how her hubby had put photo instructions up for her to help her remember how to do the feeds. wasnt he a little diamond??? it was so touching. i liked the other couple but was a bit taken a back about the bein disappointed in a girl. if it bothered them that much why didnt they find out the sex and prepare themselves and other kids for it. my son has always said he doesnt want a sister but were having twins so he may get two yet, well be preparing him all the way and making it a positive for him.

It was lovely, really heartwarming, i'm really glad she had her husband to help her and that they were getting someone to help when he goes back to work but they really made it clear that she'll be mom and the helper will just be there to guide and won't be playing the mommy, thought it was lovely :thumbup:

As for the other couple I did like them but when she'd had her and said i'm sorry its a girl to the son i felt really sad for the little girl, I really hope that little girl never watches it when shes older :nope:

On a side note - how quick did the babies head come out after her waters had broke! xx

she was amazing...and I don't know about you,but at lot of people on fb(including me) were holding their breath and pushing with her!lol

xx

aaw it was fab wasn't it - that couple were truly amazing.

Don't even get me started on the other lady - I can understand thinking "oh it might be nice to have another boy" or whatever but she seemed truly gutted. I just don't understand it - she'd had an easy labour and got a gorgeous HEALTHY baby, it makes me so mad when people seem so ungrateful.

She was fantastic!

Her little girl was beautiful and yes i cried too!

Beautiful. I cried too. Wish them the best :)

Annoyed me tho how the other woman was upset that she had another girl :(

Beautiful. I cried too. Wish them the best :)

Annoyed me tho how the other woman was upset that she had another girl :(

It was the fact she rang the boy and apologised to him for having a girl! Way to start with the nice sibling relationship there! Seemed a right mard-arse who really didn't want the baby at all to be honest, while the fella just seemed to be revelling in the idea he had super sperm.

i know, im currently waiting for my 12 wk scan, im expecting twins, and even though the idea of two girls frightens the life out of me-two lots of boyfriends make up etc, id love it still and just want both of them to be healthy little babes. it always amazes me when people say they dont want a certain sex. or worse still when people find out your pregnant and will say ooh you might a girl this time. as if yr son is a hindrance or vice versa. really annoys me. a baby is a gift, and should be cherished whatever sex. wonder if the siblings take to her. she had a beautiful name too, thats one that i have picked if we have a girl.

she was lovely! just watched it in tears! as for the other couple well...'im sorry its a girl!?' honestly who says that be greatful for your child!! hope that little girl never watches that episode! x

Yes I agree, it was an awful thing to say and it was so sad that she said it to her son. I believe babies can sense vibes so can surely sense her mum's dissapointment.

Ah i hope they dont treat her differently because of it. what she should have said to her son was somethin like "guess what you have a baby sister, she loves you very much and we need you to be a big boy, and take good care of her" somethin as positive as that. my son doesnt know im pregnant but has said that when we have one he doesnt want a girl. i think all boys go through this phase, but if these babies are girls then ill make him sound like the most important thing in the world to them, the last thing you want is any extra resentment, its hard enough bringing a baby into a childs life without apologising for what it is.

See I thought it was good to show the whole 'gender disappointment' thing, I have read lots of stories on her of ladies having gender disappointment and not wanting to talk about it and feeling guilty etc so I think it's good that they showcased it does happen!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->