One breast larger

Leanna5813

Reaction score
I've been EBF for almost five months. In the beginning I always started him on my left breast because it was easier to hold him that way. So he would fill up on left side, then only eat a little on right. I noticed after a couple months my left breast was huge and right very little. I'm talking major difference, left side a D cup and right side a B cup. So I started feeding him on my right side more. I'd go all day on the right side and only use left side when it became engorged. That helped even them out a little better but now it's even worse! My left breast is super engorged, even after my son empties it. My right side gets full but is still super small. I feel so awful and unattractive, plus I'm worried I've messed up my supply. Has anyone gone through this and is there any way to fix it?

I went through this but not to the same degree. to even them out I started on the small side for each feed and offered the small side regularly for comfort sucking. this worked to even things after about three days, it might take a bit longer for you. don't give up on the big side all together, you don't want to affect the supply on that side. there is an article on kellymom.com on lopsidedness where I got some tips. gl xxx

Babyface15, thank you for the advice. I took the time last night to look up that article on kellymom and will be using some of the tips given. I also found out from my doctor visit yesterday that I have a plugged duct. That isn't the source on my smaller breast, but it certainly adds to the problem. It sure seems like breastfeeding is hard sometimes and this issue has had me on the edge of giving up for a while. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has been through this!

I've been having the same problem. Not just a tiny difference, but a large one too(left was size A, right is C). My LO completely refused one side simply because the flow was different when he was about 3-4 months old. I was even pumping, but the effect was nothing. It wasn't until about a month ago that he was happy to latch on either side again. It's been a long process, but I've been offering him the smaller side as often as I can. It's also the only side I let him on for comfort.

It's working, but like I said it's been a long process. I'm noticing a slight catch up in size(B! Yay!). Crossing my fingers they even out soon, but rest assured you're not the only one! I understand how you feel. I've just been wanting to cover up because of it, but I get support and constant reassurance that it's not noticeable until you point it out and look closely.

My daughter's fav side is my right which is roughly the size of Dolly Parton's :dohh: My left is quite a bit smaller. I used to pump regularly in the mornings only on the left side which helped even things out and also built up a nice freezer stash. After about a week, my boob became accustomed to the pump and I think doing it at the same time every morning helped as well. I still to this day have more letdowns on my left side with a pump than when I pump my right.

Since I've stopped pumping to freeze the difference is dramatic again but with all the meds I'm on, I can't just pump at a set time (take meds as needed and give bottle from frozen stash when needed).

I highly recommend having a freezer stash. A person just never knows when it'd come in handy and it keeps in a deep freeze up to a year according to website's info :)

And I don't care if I'm lopsided because after DD's done with Dolly ( :haha: ) I know she'll go back down to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->