One Gym or More?

BlueWater

Reaction score
So I've decided to re-join the gym!!!!

I'm joining a puregym, as its cheap and local.
But I need help deciding whether to just join one gym, or pay extra to join various pure gyms as it suits me.

Now my first gym is close to my house. And the second gym is close to work.
I mainly go to the gym for the classes and usually the treadmills. (I barely touch the weights). So I like to have the freedom to pick and chose which classes I would like to do.

Although travelling from my gym near home to work during rush hour is a big NO! Although I do not work a typical 9-5 shift. I work various day shifts. So that's why I'm considering joining a second gym. (plus I'm really conscious about people I know seeing me at the gym near my home - while I'm so unfit! :haha:)

to join more than one gym would cost me an extra £15 to join, then an extra £1 per month. (it's not going to break the bank)

Please help me decide!!!

If it's not going to break the bank then go for it.

it'll probably be cheaper to join 2 especially with travel considered for the further away one if you decided to just join that one.

Not the same situation but when I joined my gym last year I couldn't decide which to go for. There's a gym in the city (30 minute drive away) and it costs 15€ a month and then there's a gym near me but it's 45€ a month. Once I figured in the cost of travel the one closer was actually cheaper. So for you joining 2 might save you heaps in travel (and time too)

For that price if both are equally convenient for you based around your lifestyle/work/etc I'd go for both :D

I would go for both to see how you get on. I am a member of puregym and was paying £18.99 per month to use any gym I only used one so decided to call them and they changed my direct debit to £12.99 per month. They advised me that if I wanted to go back to having access to mulitple gyms to just call again and they can amend it.

I would go for both to see how you get on. I am a member of puregym and was paying £18.99 per month to use any gym I only used one so decided to call them and they changed my direct debit to £12.99 per month. They advised me that if I wanted to go back to having access to mulitple gyms to just call again and they can amend it.

Thanx every one for your replies. My dilemma has been sorted! :thumbup:

Previously I was a member of Puregym, paid 18.99/month, but as I didn't pay the joining fee I only had access to one gym. This time, I've rejoined, still pay £18.99 and paid the £10 joining fee - and unknown to me, this is enough to let me have access to the other gyms that I need.

I got confused and didn't realise that paying the extra £1/month and the full £25 joining fee, is to join 60 of PGyms.. - Which I clearly didn't know!

But I hope this is a start to a healthy lifestyle for myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->