One Month To Go....

elmaxie

Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.
Reaction score
Hi...

I am very new to this forum but its a great place!!

Just to give you a bit of background on me I would be ttc right now but I am due to get married in September so we are putting it off til after my AF in June. So if we did strike gold first time my dress will still fit.

Over the last few months I have been cutting down on caffiene, taking folic acid, eating more healthier and excercising. I have also now lost 29lbs so far!! I dont smoke or drink anyways....

OH is now taking zinc after he read that somewhere, he is also on the healthy eating and excersise regime too..

We are saving for both wedding and future baby...our ony negative(well we think) is we live in a one bed flat, although its up for sale right now but market is poor so its tking ages to sell, but fingers crossed it will go soon and we can get a nice 2 or more bed house out of the city.

So my question for you is what else should I be doing or taking???

I also started to chart my BBT last month, not that I actually understand it yet lol

Emma.xx

Hey Emma,
Welcome!! I'm in the same position as you, trying for the first time in June.
Don't know that there's much else to be doing really...like u i'm taking folic acid and trying to eat healthier, my OH is taking Zink too. Trying to chill out a bit more and be prepared really. How exciting is it tho! Not long to wait now :happydance:
Think sometimes we can read too much into it, when we need to relax about it a bit more, it's hard tho!!
Love Anna x

Hiya Emma, welcome to B&B its a fab forum and everyone is dead friendly.
Good luck with the wedding and TTC., :hugs:

Hi there

Im just taking folic acid

Hope u get ur :bfp: quick

HI- I'm sarah- 30 yrs old and just approaching the whole ttc thing.. only got married recently and already hit the stumbling block of husband who thinks one day we will just romantically decide to do it and be pregnant the next day! Keep trying to explain it's called family planning for a reason! So i'm here in the waiting to try forum...

I work in obstetrics and gynaecology and surrounded by pregnant women all day everyday..I'm doing all the right things like eating right, taking folic acid and making sure i take care of myself.. and i just cant wait to get started!!!! But the hubby is a little reticent.. he's totally stoked at the idea of babies but scared witless...
Any ideas what to do- how to approach things?

To get maternity benefits I really need to be pregnant latest by Jan 2009 as I finish a contract.. after that i would have to put it off for financial reasons...
I want to come off the pill asap...anyone been through similar?

Sarah

Hi there Sarah!

I know how you feel...but I am at the other end of the scale. I work in operating theatres and lots of gynae daycases of ladies who for whatever reason dont want to continue their pregnancy. Its hard since I want to start now but fingers crossed we get our :bfp: real soon!!!!

My OH he actually was verygood once I explained it didnt just happen. He researched online and although its good means he wants me to drink less coffee or buy caffiene free stuff amoungst other things!

Love Emma.xx

HI- I'm sarah- 30 yrs old and just approaching the whole ttc thing.. only got married recently and already hit the stumbling block of husband who thinks one day we will just romantically decide to do it and be pregnant the next day! Keep trying to explain it's called family planning for a reason! So i'm here in the waiting to try forum...

I work in obstetrics and gynaecology and surrounded by pregnant women all day everyday..I'm doing all the right things like eating right, taking folic acid and making sure i take care of myself.. and i just cant wait to get started!!!! But the hubby is a little reticent.. he's totally stoked at the idea of babies but scared witless...
Any ideas what to do- how to approach things?

To get maternity benefits I really need to be pregnant latest by Jan 2009 as I finish a contract.. after that i would have to put it off for financial reasons...
I want to come off the pill asap...anyone been through similar?

Sarah

my hubby was reluctant to start as we had a few hiccups in our relationship. but we have FINALLY after a year odd agreed that june is the date (and we'll be away with friends so its kind of relaxing for him) to start.....i cant wait but the reality is now hitting me...... i am gonna get really big and fat - good grief and have been really naughty by drinking and smoking yesterday (oops)....oh well, back to gym later ha ha

Hi Emma,

Congrats on the upcoming marriage! I am too TTC in June, but also concerned about the financial apects of starting a family, as we have been putting all of our savings towards our wedding.

Good to see you have already started with the healthy diet and folic acid etc. I am trying to do the same, but as I am going to an all inclusive resort in 8 days for our wedding and honeymoon I doubt I will be doing ANYthing that is even remotely healthy :dohh:

~Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"