One more question!

SassyLou

Reaction score
Many thanks to everyone who replied to my other thread and answered the questions. All the answers and stories will be incredibly helpful with our meeting with the hospital to change policy.

Any other stories etc would still be very much appreciated.

There is one question that is very important to this policy change, and also will form an important point when we begin to write to other hospitals around the country.

This question is in the spoiler below and can be answered by Angel Parents and non Angel Parents

Where and how do you think babies, particularly 2nd trimester loss are stored to best preserve them?

Many, many thanks,

Sarah xxx

My Maeve came back to the chapel of rest with a hideous nappy that was too big, and her teddy and blanket missing. I dont know what happened to her it pains me to even thing about her poor delicate little body xxxxx

My Maeve came back to the chapel of rest with a hideous nappy that was too big, and her teddy and blanket missing. I dont know what happened to her it pains me to even thing about her poor delicate little body xxxxx

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this, I'll PM you.

xxx

so sorry meavesmummy thats awful to have happenedxxxx

when they took Lily away that night they took her into a small room that had access to a fride through another door that we never had to go through or see through. before we went to see her the next day they put her in a teeny tiny white coffin and put that into a moses basket, the room had flowers and a little prayer book and they got the hospital chapelin to come and bless her, he also gave me an angel certificate and some cards to give to my close friends and family with her name and the date on them, when we left her there she was put back into the fridge off that room until we buried her. I was very happy with this I have to say because if i wanted to go see her at anytime until we buried her all i had to do was phone and they would bring her back into the room. Im sure there was probably 2 or 3 private rooms in around the same area but it was nice to know we could sit in there. they also gave us the option of collecting her little coffin ourselves or they would have a funeral home bring her, we opted for this as i just didnt want to go back into the hospital again i was so worn out. we met them at the graveyard had our close family there and buried her together!

i think sometimes when your asking questions the doctors skim over them because they think your too 'emotional' to take anything in but i was the opposite, the only thing that kept me going was organising things(typical woman) i needed to be in contorl of at least somethings because i couldnt contorl my body xxxxxxx

when they took Lily away that night they took her into a small room that had access to a fride through another door that we never had to go through or see through. before we went to see her the next day they put her in a teeny tiny white coffin and put that into a moses basket, the room had flowers and a little prayer book and they got the hospital chapelin to come and bless her, he also gave me an angel certificate and some cards to give to my close friends and family with her name and the date on them, when we left her there she was put back into the fridge off that room until we buried her. I was very happy with this I have to say because if i wanted to go see her at anytime until we buried her all i had to do was phone and they would bring her back into the room. Im sure there was probably 2 or 3 private rooms in around the same area but it was nice to know we could sit in there. they also gave us the option of collecting her little coffin ourselves or they would have a funeral home bring her, we opted for this as i just didnt want to go back into the hospital again i was so worn out. we met them at the graveyard had our close family there and buried her together!

i think sometimes when your asking questions the doctors skim over them because they think your too 'emotional' to take anything in but i was the opposite, the only thing that kept me going was organising things(typical woman) i needed to be in contorl of at least somethings because i couldnt contorl my body xxxxxxx

This is how it should be done, it sounds like they treated Lily with fantastic respect. I had a similar experience but they kept Evelyn in the mortuary. I was told they would get her back out if I wanted to see her at any time. The important thing for me was knowing where she was and what I had to do if I wanted to see her again. (Even though I chose not to)

So sorry to hear that hun. It just isn't fair xxx

I shared your petition on FB this week having seen your post on Sands - it is a great campaign xx

This is how it should be done, it sounds like they treated Lily with fantastic respect. I had a similar experience but they kept Evelyn in the mortuary. I was told they would get her back out if I wanted to see her at any time. The important thing for me was knowing where she was and what I had to do if I wanted to see her again. (Even though I chose not to)

exactly hun i chose not to se Lily again either. I felt once was enough for me to remember her forever. they were fantastic to us in the hospital and it annoys me to think someone might not have gotten the same respect. Its great what SassyLou is doing because it really needs to be highlighted. losing a baby is sometimes like a taboo subject and now more than ever it needs to be brought to light about what the women and their family need at this awful time!! thinking of you and lovely Evelyn xxxxxx

i think what your doing is amazing....

and i was told Charlie would stay in his little moses basket and would go in the big fridges (not sure what they are called) until funeral directors picked him up as we arranged our own funeral... he was born 24+3 weeks....

in fact is asked my midwives if thats where he was going to be kept and they said yes.... and they said he would have all his blanket his toy etc with him still...

but i was VERY VERY nervous incase they got him mixed up with another baby or if he got lost or if they took his things away.....

xxx

ohh and i was also offered to go to hospital with funeral directors to collect him, but we opted against that.... x

xxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Not your fault hun!
I cant think about it without getting this horrible gut twisting distressed feeling, still after 7 months. I know people think I should be over it now, but I am not xxxx

xxx

Not your fault hun!
I cant think about it without getting this horrible gut twisting distressed feeling, still after 7 months. I know people think I should be over it now, but I am not xxxx

You shouldn't be over it now, I just think unfortunately people just don't get it.

:hugs:

xxx

Not your fault hun!

You shouldn't be over it now, I just think unfortunately people just don't get it.

:hugs:

:hugs: i don't think anyone understands unless they have suffered a similar loss...

Charlie was taken to the mortuary in his basket with blanket and teddy...
I was told i could see him again if i wanted , but i had had him for as long as i could , as i wanted a PM done to know why my baby had died... It guts me to think about it :(
We were both treated with a lot of respect from the staff though i have never had any complaints of my treatment thru the whole process, we were both treated extreemly well and i still am by the staff there... i was very lucky , in the worst situation i've ever been in, they did an amazing job of looking after us.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->