one positive, one negative and a tonne of symptoms!

emj91

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :)

I found this forum last night, and although taking a 'relaxed' approach to pregnancy the stress is starting to build!

I have been off contraception for 10 months now, had many late periods and negative tests.

This month is one of few that I wasn't thinking much about pregnancy. I'd turned a blind eye to nausea, exhausted and changed appetite until I started to become forgetful...very forgetful. I know 'baby brain' comes later in the pregancy but it is what triggered me to take a test and what do you know it came back positive. However...I don't know how many of you 'feel' pregnant but I just don't! Anyways...I waited the 4 days and took another which was negative.

I'm now tearing my hair out wondering whether to ignore or pursue. Its not as much the negative testing that has bothered me but more the 'if not now..then when??' The chance of another negative test only brings on more disapointment!

Are any of you ladies in the same boat!?!

I'm not in the same boat, but I read in a book about 'chemical pregnancy' and that might be what has happened to you. I'm not very experienced about TTC, so I hope I'm not overstepping the marks or getting this muddled up. This is just what I read and I thought it might be helpful.

Chemical Pregnancy is where you test one day and it shows up as pregnant, then a few days later you test and it is negative and then AF turns up. As I understood it, this happens where there is a fertilised egg (which makes the pregnancy chemicals that show up on the HPT) but the womb lining doesn't accept the fertilised egg (the pregnancy wouldn't be viable and the body sort of rejects it) so it comes out as your period. The book said this probably happens to lots of women and they don't realise because they didn't test on the day they had the pregnancy chemicals in their body. I'm sure there are loads of people on here who could explain that better than me and have far more experience to share, but I didn't want to read and run. Good luck, I hope you get your BFP soon. Xx

try to get a blood test to be sure!! and maybe do a few more tests in different makes to c what they say.... maybe one was a first response one that picked up the BFP and the other couldnt.... not sure xxx good luck

Yes well I tried to forget about it and wait for my period. I ran out of tests and thought that probably happened for some reason! I am now 3 days late...hoping for the best I have everything crossed!

I think you should just go to the doctor and explain to them that you took two tests, the first positive and the second negative. Then they will most likely make you do a test there and then you will find out if your pregnant or not and wont have to have that constant worry and a bit of excitement! good luck

the same thing has happened to me but multiplied. i have taken several tests and get mixed results. was the positive test blue dye? was it read within the time limit? usually 10minutes. i got all positives with blue dye tests and the result came up within the first 3-5minutes but all negative with first response. mixed results with the dollar store tests. i am waiting to test again. i would test again in a day or so with your first pee of the day, and if you cant i would try holding it for at least 3 to 4 hours to get a good build up of hcg-the pregnancy hormone. hope all goes well for you.

Still waiting waiting! Now 8 days overdue for AF! fingers crossed, doctors appointment next week! Will keep all posted...thinking there is hope out there after all!

Doesn't sound chemical. You would have had af already (I've had 2 chemicals). Good luck at dr keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->