One side producing a lot more?

mlm115

Mom
Reaction score
I know it's normal for some size/amount differences, but I'm worried mine is too much. Last night for example I pumped 1.5 oz from one side, and 3 from the other. Do I need to try and correct it by encouraging more feeds on the smaller side?

Thats totally normal. I could barely get an ounce out of one side and sometimes three on the other. Occasionally I found that if i pumped the side where i produced little, then the other side, I could return to the first breast and pump another 0.5-1 ounce.

Good luck, I have been trying to get mine even for months lol, 7 months in and I still have good boob and bad boob :) your breasts will produce different amounts, you are better off sticking to even feeding off both so you dont mess up your supply.

Totally normal. Rightie is a HUGE producer so LO prefers that side when she is hungry, but Leftie gives a nice slow trickle that she enjoys during nap time and snuggle time as that side doesn't try to drown her.

On the odd night when she STTN I can get around 3oz from Leftie and 5oz from Rightie.

On a GOOD day I can get maybe 2-3 oz from my right side, yet I have no problem getting 5 from my left side. Other times I get 4 oz from my right, yet only 1 oz from my left. I have to pump for work, so I usually feed her on my weaker side and pump from my better side so i can pump enough while I'm away. No matter how much i encourage pumping out feeding on my weaker side, it doesn't even out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->