One Size Nappies

MissMamma

Mummy
Reaction score
Okay so i've narrowed it down, i'm only going to buy nappies that go from birth to potty. I'm to poor to afford different sizes as bubs grows. But which one?!

I love the look of the Itti Bitti Tutto, have heard good things about the pop ins but thats about it and the internet is just too vast and confusing for me to decipher any reliable information about any other brands!

Has anyone got any experience with one size nappies that they can recommend [or not as the case may be].

Thank You..xx

I'm liking the bumgenious, both the pocket and the flip. The good thing about the flip is you can have more inserts than nappies saving money!

I also like the tots bots one size.

It might be worth seeing if your council is one that participates in a trial so you can see for yourself what you prefer? Xx

I'm liking the bumgenious, both the pocket and the flip. The good thing about the flip is you can have more inserts than nappies saving money!

It might be worth seeing if your council is one that participates in a trial so you can see for yourself what you prefer? Xx

How does this work? :dohh:..xx

I heartily recommend Flips, especially if money is part of the decision as you can buy extra inserts and reuse the outers when they're only wet. For my LO, I have 9 outers and 21 inserts and that's enough for me to wash every three days-ish. For a newborn who would poo more, you would probably need to wash more often or buy more, but still probably only washing every other day, and they dry super quickly. Econobums are much the same thing and are even cheaper, and they work really well too.

I would advise not buying a whole load of any nappy though, it's easy to think you'll save money that way but if you buy a nappy that doesn't work for your LO, you'll have wasted all your money. It's much better to buy one or two of ones you think you'll like and then buy more if they work for you.

How does this work? :dohh:..xx

Flips are an outer bit, sometimes called a wrap, which is waterproof, and then a long insert that goes down the middle of it. Unlike pocket nappies where the insert goes in a pocket, the insert stays next to baby's skin so there's no part of the outer that really gets wet. Once you've used it, you can wipe out the outer and just change the insert.

Okay so i've narrowed it down, i'm only going to buy nappies that go from birth to potty. I'm to poor to afford different sizes as bubs grows. But which one?!

I love the look of the Itti Bitti Tutto, have heard good things about the pop ins but thats about it and the internet is just too vast and confusing for me to decipher any reliable information about any other brands!

Has anyone got any experience with one size nappies that they can recommend [or not as the case may be].

Thank You..xx

There is a huge market for pre loved nappies so if you did want to buy sized nappies you can always sell them on to raise funds for bigger sizes.

I defo reccomend trying an Issy bear its a BTP pocket nappy, they're a bit pricy (around £20ish) but they're so absorbant and they come in all sorts of designs too!!

Also I really like blueberry nappies which are also a BTP pocket nappy.

The absolute best birth to potty nappy is the traditional square nappy, (bamboo squares are vastly superior to cotton ones though!) and not nearly as difficult as most people think! It's totally efficient, always fits, is economical, easy to wash, quick to dry (even bamboo ones) and really satisfying to use! What's more, once you've done a few (practice on a teddy bear first) they're simple!

Cover with wool nappy covers, soaker, longies, shorties or skirties, and you just can't beat the system!

I only have birth to potty ones too. I love the bumgenius. they are always reliable and great all round. FLIPs are great too and much slimmer for a newborn.
I also like Mini Lala and Blueberry (although a little more bulky).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->