One week shy of 46....and wait for it....

3sACharm

Trying to heal
Reaction score
.....I'm pregnant. Yep. And naturally. I'm still in shock as are my 24 and 25 year old kids (and scared, nervous, anxious, with a bit of hope creeping in...and a fairly large range of emotions in the blink of an eye)....as originally, I thought I was pre-menopausal. I could not believe what the doctor was telling me.....and I was convinced that I had ovarian cancer or some other reason to raise my HcG levels and to miss a period. I went through some very tough losses three years ago. One miscarriage and then a loss of my daughter in the second trimester. During my grief the following year....I asked my doctor if it was possible to get pregnant again....and his kind response was that it would be extremely unlikely and difficult at my age to get pregnant unless I went through interventional means. Not having the funds to do that...I tried to move forward in life. That said.....here I sit with my little miracle baby. I am officially 8 weeks today. I am currently struggling with so much fear and anxiety right now. It is hard to temper any hope....with the odds of miscarriage and genetic issues so high....and it feels like there is so much against us. I also have a blood clotting disorder...so they have immediately started me on daily injections of the blood thinner Lovenox. I am scared, scared, scared of everything right now. On top of things....when it seemed that I might be ill in the beginning....the father who wanted to marry me....was very supportive (we are not married - and he was not the father of any previous children). When he found out that I was really pregnant....he became another person....and let's just say I dodged a bullet. He continually tries to bully me....and says that I ruined his life. I lost my job with cutbacks 7 months ago....and I have exhausted all my savings up until now. The father has left....but continues the bullying in messages and emails. So here I sit....feeling a little desperate for a rainbow....and trying to take one day at a time. I know that God must have a plan....and I'm just trying to keep the faith. So here's hoping for all of you who are still trying....it is not impossible to conceive at this age. Please say a prayer for me and my little miracle baby.

wow congratulation hunni. You'll find the strength to keep going and have a lovely healthy baby at the end of it. well done xx

Sending all the positive vibes in the world, congratulations and wishing you a sticky bean.

That's amazing news,hope everything works out for u Hun,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Congratulations on the pregnancy, thanks for posting and giving us hope.:hugs:

Congrats!!! You've certainly given me real hope. You concentrate on you and your baby, That will give you the strength to deal with all the other obstacles.Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!x:hugs:

Wow, congrats! So happy for you, saying a prayer right now.

Many congratulations to you, that is great news and I am praying you and your little one will be just fine :hugs: You give us all hope :thumbup:

I am so sorry for your previous losses three years ago and for how your partner is treating you - you are definitely better off without him. Keep strong and do keep us posted x

I am very happy for your pregnancy.....I think it is a wonderful surprise! It certainly gives hope to us all.
I have concerns about your ex. Please take good care of yourself and make sure you are safe. I do not know you at all but, I am certain you do not deserve to be bullied by any man....
Be well & stay safe.
Most of all, congratulations & I wish you a healthy & strong pregnancy!

Awe this pregnancy is meant to be and I wish you all the best... and I'm praying everything goes well. A friend of my Mother had her first baby at 48 naturally after years of trying to conceive...so it just goes to show that it is possible. Take care and my thoughts are with you and your pregnancy...negativity's are not worth a second thought so just enjoy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I understand your worries but as others have said women do give birth to healthy babies much later than drs will admit. Fx you have a good pregnancy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations that is lovely news however stay well clear of that partner of yours he should not be laying a finger on you whether your pregnant or not. Tons of luck and i really hope you have a lovely 9 months of being pregnant xxxx :dust:

Thank you all for all the kind thoughts, support and prayers. I feel a little less alone.

WOW that is awesome! Congrats on the pregnancy and yes, steer clear from that loser...he served his purpose (a baby) now time to move on...do not answer his calls and write him off completely. You can do this without him and will be better off for it... I raised mine on my own (zero financial support or visits from her dad) and it was not easy as I did not have a career or anything remotely close to it BUT it was WAY better than having him butt in and mess my routine with her. I was able to raise her to the best of my abilities and knowledge (never being a mother before that) and instill values and make her focus on what was really important... I am happy to say she has grown into a wonderful young woman and doing great at the University and in life...you don't need that loser so be done with him.

Many congratulations to you, that is great news and I am praying you and your little one will be just fine :hugs: You give us all hope :thumbup:

I am so sorry for your previous losses three years ago and for how your partner is treating you - you are definitely better off without him. Keep strong and do keep us posted x

What she said! I hope you find some of the support you are missing here. :hugs:

Yay, well done you. It just proves that us women are really amazing. Lots of love xx

Congratulation a happy and healthy 9 months - you are inspirational

You will have the strength and support you need to get you through everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->