One year old biting?

amygwen

Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline
Reaction score
My LO has started to bite and he thinks it's hilarious. Yesterday he bit me like ten times but I don't know what to do :shrug: should I just tell him "NO!" What worked for you? I really don't want him biting other people/babies.

morgan went through a biting stage just before she was one and i used to take her hand and firmly tell her no we don't bite she grew out of it after a few weeks hope your LO does as well x

I personally don't use the word 'no' I feel it's so negative but thats just me...

I say to Evie 'evie, uh uh, biting hurts mummy, we give kisses instead' or if it's a bad bite like this morning I say 'Evie stop' and then explain that it hurts etc

I use 'evie stop' to get immediate attention and so far it's working but i always use her name too.

She is really teething and it's worse with teething but she doesn't bite often and she licks instead now :haha:

Also, when she started biting ALL silly biting games me and DH played promptly stopped lol

Oliver is a biter and although it has taken me some time - I have managed to teach him to kiss rather than bite. I see him lurching his mouth towards his cousin and I say "kiss don't bite" Oliver and he turns his almost bite into a kiss :winkwink:

Maybe a bit harder for you hun with her only being 12 months but if you keep showing her she will pick up on it.

Dont worry though a lot of toddlers go through this stage you're just getting it out the way early xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->