• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One year old is a bottomless pit

Marie000

Reaction score
My girl just turned one. We started BLW just before 6 months and right from the start, she ate everything we gave her. We have not yet found something she would not eat (she's not crazy about raw onions, but she'll still eat them. Lemons are good though :wacko:) So at least getting her to eat healthy is no problem at all.

What does worry me is that she will not stop eating until we stop giving her food. For breakfast, she would eat a whole banana and half a bagel with cream cheese. We don't usually give her that much, but she'd eat it if we did. I'm afraid she will take bad habits. All my OH's family are big eaters (and big people).
We try to control her portions, but it's hard to know how much is enough. I know she's growing and active, but if I don't stop her she wont stop herself.
When we're visiting friends and family, they want to feed her constantly. They find it so cute that she eats everything and I practically have to fight them to get them to stop.

Will she ever learn to control herself?
I'm not worried about her weight or health now, but I'm worried about the long term habits she is forming.

My lo eats absolutely loads but his weight is fine. It's all healthy Abd he's constantly on the go. He will say no once he's full though. But I'm sure he out eats my husbands grandma! I always think
Babies know what they need and the banana and half a cream cheese bagel sounds like sth mine would eat and would have eAten at that stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Morris98
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->