one year old never sleeps im at my wits end

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
Please help me! I dont know what is wrong with this child. I get about three hours of sleep a night. He wakes every half hour and stirs and wakes me up so i just stick him on the boob o shut him up! Im irritable and anxious and i work two 12 hour shifts a week so need to be on the ball but im far from it! I want to keep feeding maybe a feed per day but know i have to night wean now for my sanity. But he doesnt sleep as it is! So how can i start a new routine knowing it means sacrificing the small bit of sleep i am getting

My son wakes up loads too, so I hear ya, I want to try not feeding him to sleep but we co-sleep and if I don't he'll wake up properly and stays up for hours in the middle of the night which really gets me up the wall. I'm waiting until he's at least 1yo to see if he'll improve or if I need to do something, if you want to make changes now, unfortunately, there's going to have to be some rough days or weeks to make it better.

Thankyou for replying! Yes i also cosleep and its a nightmare. But at the same time i enjoy the cuddles! Oh wants to stop cosleeping but hes in the spare room most nights anyway so its not really hos problem! I tried letting him cry it out today and he screamed and sobbed and was a shaking little wreck at tue end of an hour and a half! Thats all i could do before he vomited badly and started gagging on hos vomit. Im never doing that again. Would you believe it was my health vositors advice?! I just cant bear to hear him cry x

I'm sorry it went so badly. Sleep training is very hard on the mums as well. But there are other gentler methods, you need to research it well, plan it and be prepared to see it through, that's why I don't want to do it yet, I don't think I'm at the point where I can pull it off.

Could you not ask someone to look after him for a few hours during the day the day before you work so you're not as tired when you work? I don't know what else to suggest, it just really sucks to not get a good rest at night for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->