Online Journals

Pixoletta

Reaction score
My child's school have sent a letter to all parents about starting an online journal called 'Tapestry' i understand it's supposed to be a 'secure site' but anything secure can still get hacked and then there is the worry about other parents and their families who i do not know maybe posting photos on social media or printing, saving photos... the list goes on.. surely this is a big safeguarding issue? I understand it will save the teachers time but maybe this isn't a step in the right direction, not with how everything is these days. i don't put photos of my child on fb in his school uniform or his full name. Anyone have any views about this?:nope:

Our school posts photos on the school communicator & photos & videos on fb , they sent us a letter stating that if we don't wish to have our child's photos taken by school we should sign the letter & send it back to school.

We have Online Journals at our nursery, and I do hope its extended to school too. Ours isnt all that detailed. I am certain you would be able to opt out. But honestly, the journals are a joy .

I love tapestry. It's my only real way of knowing what my DS has been up to as he doesn't tell me anything much. You can opt to have your child's face blurred out in group photos if you want to, although we are in a very small school where I know most of the other parents with children in the class so for me it's not too much of an issue.

We have tapestry journals, they are personal journals so only about your child and photos of them, if photos include other children in the class they are blurred out. they're really great as I get to keep up with what my LO is learning she never tells me anything else

Now i changed my mind. It's pretty good and it is great to see the learning they have done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->