Only 3 eggs collected today.......advice ?!?

EmWig

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been for my first egg collection today.... and am feeling very sore and tired!! However, I feel most importantly so very disapointed as they only retrieved 3 eggs. Do you think I have any chance at all of conceiving?!?! From what I hear normally you need much more than this.....

Also - does any one know if the usual state of play with low number of eggs being collected means that it will be a day 3 or 5 transfer?

Look forward to hearing from anyone else who is in a similar position or going through a similar stage of their treatment....:flower:

Good luck to everyone out there going through all of this!

Hiya. I have no advice myself but I do know someone who was really disappointed when they only got 3 eggs but they are now 5 months pregnant so stay positive x

Hi Emwig, Hope your feeling better, At my hospital they will only do a 5 day transfer if you have more than about 8 embryo's so you will probably have a 2 or 3 day transfer which they will tell you tomorrow. Try not to focus on the number coz I got a big collection of eggs but half of them were immature and could not be used so it's definately quality over quantity and you only need one goodun !!!! The very best of luck everything else runs smoothly for you chick, Take care xxxx

Just wanted to let you know that I only had 2 eggs collected and only one was mature and could be used. I am now 8 1/2 months pregnant with a little boy.

Don't give up hope it only takes ones.

Thankyou ladies - made me feel a bit better! I'm just sooo impatient - I want to know the final result already!! ha!!

Good luck to the both of you on your journeys too :)
x

I hope you get a good fertilisation report and a BFP.

As for transfer, depending on how many your clinic put back - you;ll probably have a day 2 or 3 transfer, as etter in than out when you don't have the numbers to play with.

I agree with the others, from what I've read it's very likely they will do an earlier transfer

Good Luck to you and your three eggys!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->