Only Brown Blood this period??? Help!!

mandy_grovie1

Proud Parent
Reaction score
My period was on time this month, but I've been noticing that I'm not bleeding red at all. It came the 27th of July and mine always last a week, and are red and heavy to normal. This month it's dark brown and very light. I am wiping and it's dark brown blood only, no red. I usually only get brown blood at the end of a period. Is this normal to only be bleeding brown blood?

im going through something similar and finding it very odd i know im not pregnant as i took my temp on the 29th first thing in the morning and it was 25.6 very low for my normal bbt is about 36.3 my period is normally ranging about 25 - 28 days this month i thought it started on sat the 28th i had a small bleed of brown blood a few drops then nothing all night or all day sunday then slight brown again on mon and the odd stain in my pad today but its brownish blood very scant whats going on i am interested to know if any other ladies have had this? its worrying me a bit now as this is not my normal flow

Yes! Mine is dark brown, almost black and I'm not even filling one pad a day! I don't know what's up. I hope more people reply with advice or experience!

I had this problem in the past and have recently read it can be due to low progesterone, something about how the blood is quite old by the time it's expelled from the body (poss from last cycle?) as low progesterone interferes with a normal cycle. If you get this repeatedly then you can get hormone blood tests from your doctor. There are progesterone creams out there that can help but it's important to not just self diagnose xx

My period was on time this month, but I've been noticing that I'm not bleeding red at all. It came the 27th of July and mine always last a week, and are red and heavy to normal. This month it's dark brown and very light. I am wiping and it's dark brown blood only, no red. I usually only get brown blood at the end of a period. Is this normal to only be bleeding brown blood?

Hello!!!!

Your symptoms sounds exactly what I am going though ..... Did you find out the outcome!?

I am due on tomorrow but 3 days ago a noticed brown discharge in my pants (sorry to be so graphic)!! I just thought my period was coming early as I normally have brown spotting for one day and then the next it's like someone has open the floodgates to a sea of red blood!! But this time nothing, I'm still having brown discharge but hardly any - am still using tampons as I'm worried ill start bleeding heavily but every time I go to the bathroom there is hardly anything there! Took a test yesterday and negative!!

Don't know what to think!! :( xxx

Brown blood is an indication of "old" blood that your body is shedding (like what happens at the end of your period as that final layer of the lining is shed). If it's Red, like a normal period, then it would be an indication of "new" blood. Sometimes my periods are SO light- that it's mostly just brown-- but for me, that can be very normal. Ever since my LO was born though- no periods at all. The pills I'm on keep my body from building up enough lining to shed- so if there is a bit of spotting (like twice in the past 22mos)- then it's usually "break through bleeding" and brown.

Sorry- I know that doesn't help- but you know your body best, although I swear our bodies can do some crazy stuff sometimes! LOL.

If you are wondering about pregancy or something like that- I'd just give it a few days (if you can wait that long) and test. Otherwise, see how things go next cycle? Might be back to normal- if not, and you have concerns, then it can't hurt to ring your OB in case. It's totally possible your body just didn't build up much this month though- which can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->