Ooo, another newbie cloth question, sorry!

cw_249

Reaction score
I got my first cloth order this week, in a couple of lots, I've explained what in different post, but the ebay cheapies i bought from someone here, and i got 2 bumgenius aio earlier in the week, so i washed them and lo has worn them, but they don't feel wet when I've taken them off, is that right?
Also I've read on here that the ebay cheapies need boosting to work but mine hadn't come so i couldn't, but they still didn't feel wet when, nor were they smelly like i expected

Also, im gonna make some fleece liners, but what size and shape do they need to be?
Thanks in advance, and sorry for sounding so stupid!

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking! If your LO doesn't feel wet, that's a good thing, that's how nappies are supposed to work :) If you're changing them every half an hour, you wouldn't expect them to feel wet (unless LO had only just weed) but you should normally be able to expect at least 2 hours of baby feeling dry in a nappy. If it's been a lot longer than that, maybe your LO just doesn't wee much. Cloth doesn't smell bad like disposables do - the chemicals in disposables react with the wee and then stinks but that doesn't happen in cloth. Some babies need boosters, some don't, but again it will depend on how often you're changing the nappy, as well as the age of baby and how much they wee.

Fleece liners are often rectangular or hour glass shaped. I just make them rectangular as they're much easier and quicker to make, and you get more per length of fabric. Just make them long and wide enough to cover the inside of the nappy without sticking out.

Thank you
Im just shocked because id expected to take it off and it be like a wet dish cloth, and it wasn't, in fact, i checked them to see if they were wet and didn't know, she wore 3 yesterday between 9am and 6.30 pm, but in a disposable the nappy feels different, and smells, yet this did neither and didn't feel wet to touch, and i couldn't understand why

Pocket nappies almost all have a stay dry lining anyway, so your LO's bottom will feel dry. Extra fleece liners just make it a little bit easier to remove the poo.

You may find that overnight the nappy itself does feel like a wet dish cloth when you take it of ext day, and possibly smells of ammonia, if it's been on all night, but the fleece will still keep bottoms feeling dry.

Well that's great news that they're working so well for you! Modern nappies are very different from old fashioned terries and pins with plastic pants :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->