open fire - logs

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
anyone with an open fire ..... can I be cheeky and ask how much you pay for logs and what volume is that for

thank you :)

We have an open fire, but cant help with cost sorry.

We collect wood throughout the year to burn. I.e anybody got an old wardrobe we will take it and break it up and use as firewood.

i dont have one, but OMG JEALOUS because i want one!!! id love to have a big stack of logs outside, just so i can be like 'oh these? they're for my log fire :smug:'

:rofl:

Bless ya hayley.

They are fab. We put ours in a couple years bk. Best thing we ever did.

my friend has a log fire and she too stacks up on wood throughout the year. people are always offering her old wardrobes, drawers and things. :)

ive decided that when i move house, i will try and get a woodburning stove at least. alternatively, i'll just burn a pile of logs on an old rug :rofl:

I want a firepit in my garden though, i guess thats a good compromise :lol:

I worry with burning stuff like old furniture because of the varnish/fumes

Hayley they really are lovely, you can't beat a open fire crackling away ....... however the cleaning it out isn't as much fun!

thats why i think id prefer a fire pit in the garden, you can just bury the ashes, or let them pile up and put the lid back on! x

we can have about 4 fires before it needs all sweeping out, thats hubby's job, my job is building & lighting the fire because I am much better at it that him lol

A ton of seasoned wood round here is about £80, but it goes down to £40/£50 if you get part seasoned wood - you have to keep it till the following winter though. Look in the local paper and on Gumtree for an idea of how much it should be.

I miss my open fire, we moved a couple of years ago and thats the only thing I miss :(
We used to pay about £3.50 for a sack which had 12 large logs in. We put coal underneath and the log on top.
Luckily I live in the westcountry so we always picked up wood from all over the place when out and about.

A ton of seasoned wood round here is about £80, but it goes down to £40/£50 if you get part seasoned wood - you have to keep it till the following winter though. Look in the local paper and on Gumtree for an idea of how much it should be.

we have rang around and the quotes vary so much it is amazing!

i can't believe how expensive wood is.
my brothers gf works at a logging place and she told me some of the prices. :shock:
she said their logs are posh logs! if such a thing exists.

here are the prices ;)

https://www.walkerslogs.co.uk/firewood.htm

bloody hell those must be posh logs! they are bloody expensive! for that price I want a little man too come put them on the fire for me too and clean up after and the wood needs too have come from the queens garden!

:rofl:

i asked her why they are so expensive and she couldn't give me a proper answer. i don't think she knows.

We pay between 40-80 euros for a square metre of firewood but we have closed fires rather than open so only need to light once or twice a day - still much cheaper than electric heating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->