Opinions? 6 days late, no BFP

JoHio

Reaction score
This is making me a little nuts. I only got my first period back after baby on September 1st, (baby was a couple weeks shy of a year old then), and I am still breastfeeding.

I had some spotting (light pink one day, a little brownish colour the next, then nothing) on the 24th and 25th of September, so thought, OK, I'm probably pregnant.

But I am yet to get a BFP. I do drink tons of water and am usually up peeing multiple times a night so my first morning pee is not as concentrated as it might be, but still...

Has it taken anyone else forever to get a BFP?

Have you been tracking signs of ovulation? Since you are breastfeeding, and have only had one PP cycle, that will be the only way to guess if you might be pregnant and when you should test.

Have you been tracking signs of ovulation? Since you are breastfeeding, and have only had one PP cycle, that will be the only way to guess if you might be pregnant and when you should test.

Yes, I have. We had sex when I was ovulating, and the timing of the spotting was in league with implantation bleeding. I am trying to be patient, but it is enough to drive me to drink...almost. :) I'm hitting the rocky road frozen yogurt HARD instead.

This will be my fourth and my last baby, and I am excited/anxious!

Well, fingers crossed that you get your BFP soon then! :)

I'm dying here. This uncertainty is making it impossible for me to focus on anything else. I know it took a while for me to test positive with my other pregnancies, but there is so much grey area in this one:

My last period (SEPT 1st) was the first since having my now 1 year old.

There was light pink bleeding that's totally inline with implantation bleeding about a week before my expected period. There was also light cramping and pulling, both in my front and back.

I am late for AF, if, in fact, my 28 day cycle of old holds true now. (i.e. it is not off.)

But there is doubt because I got my AF back since my daughter is spending more time away from me, and nursing less. Or she was. For the last two weeks she's nursing more since she's been with me more often. (I'm a freelance writer, so work load varies.)

I'm also nauseous often, for no apparent reason.

I have booked an appointment to see my doctor on Friday, but am getting so frustrated in the meantime. I think I am going to stop testing, and just see what he says...(Easier said than done!)

Hun with my DS I got bfn's with no hint of a line until I was 10 days late so 24dpo!!! On the 24th day I got a massive bfp so don't count yourself out yet xx

Hun with my DS I got bfn's with no hint of a line until I was 10 days late so 24dpo!!! On the 24th day I got a massive bfp so don't count yourself out yet xx

You're a gem! Thanks for hope...:) To be honest, if I am not, now, I am done. (I have three babes already). But my guy and I thought we'd try once more.

It is definitely possible to get a late bfp, but I have to second the first responder. You said you dtd during ovulation/fertile period but then said if your period holds true to 28 days. Did you use opks? Bbt? Bloodwork or u/s to confirm O? Breastfeeding and this being your first period could easily mean a delayed O which would equal delayed AF. Could also mean a delayed bfp. I would ask the doctor for a blood test. Hope you get your bfp!

It is definitely possible to get a late bfp, but I have to second the first responder. You said you dtd during ovulation/fertile period but then said if your period holds true to 28 days. Did you use opks? Bbt? Bloodwork or u/s to confirm O? Breastfeeding and this being your first period could easily mean a delayed O which would equal delayed AF. Could also mean a delayed bfp. I would ask the doctor for a blood test. Hope you get your bfp!

Yes, there are too many variables. I think a visit to the doctor is in order, for sure.

I got my period on the 10th, just as I was cooking Thanksgiving dinner. YAY.

Oh well. We may try again. I think I will have to get some ovulation tests since my cycle is clearly not regulated yet.

Thanks for the support, ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->