opinions girls please

loopylew

Reaction score
HI

I'm still ttc, have been since Sept 07 and i've started charting temps today. Does anyone know if it really helped them?

It definately helped me.

Turned out I ovulated same time each month :mrgreen: so it made htings pretty simple in the end!

i ddint chart. I just used a website like this to work out my week and I had sex every day that week - paying more attention to the first few days than the last - perhaps skipping a day towards the end as we found the heavy schedule a bit much!! heheheh
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/ovu
The month i got my bfp I think we'd even started a day early without noticing and bingo!

I guess it's best to get those little sperm up there waiting for the egg to pop out! ready for an ambush

I actually found that putting too much stress on myself and my partner to conceive ( charting, different positions...and the list goes on) hindered our chances of trying to conceive. The body works in funny ways under stress...even if you don't realize it. My husband and I tried for about 2 years, took a year off for our wedding(I didn't want to be pregnant at the wedding) and then tried again for another year...no luck...still no baby. :hissy:Then one day we had a big talk about maybe giving up on the possibility of conceiving a child and started exploring other options...the next thing we knew....PREGNANT!! :happydance:I would recommend speaking with your doc as well. We just had to relax about the whole situation. I know it is frustrating when you are trying everything under the sun. Good luck to you and I hope whatever methods you try work...and always remember to have fun!!

hey loopylou

I did not chart or anything, but i always knew when i ov'd as i would get the cm and ov pain. Luckily this month we bd and i ov the next day then we did not bd for at least a few days later. So bd a day before ov worked for me.

But hang in there. We started ttc #1 in July 07 and caught cycle 6:happydance:

I actually believed it would never happen to me especially that quick.

The only reason i did not chart was because i did not want to get to wrapped up in ttc and just tried to go with the flow.

Good luck :hugs:

Well, just like any other biological information we use to help us diagnose/point out specific issues we can sometimes get caught up in the methodology and loose sight of the reason we're tracking said sign :)

Examples:
People who count calories and weigh themselves every day when trying to loose weight can become obsessed with both.

People who check blood pressure for different health issues...

Those charting temps for fertility purposes.

Charting temps is an EXCELLENT measure of biological health and can give you a lot of information about what's going on in your cycle. Not only can you tell when you are ovulating, you can see if your body is maintaining enough progesterone (the hormone that makes your temps rise after ovulation) through the luteal phase, and if said luteal phase is definately long enough to sustain implantation.

When you do get pregnant, you'll be able to pinpoint the "implantation dip" where your baby implants in the uterine lining (your temp will probably drop slightly that day, then rise again) which helps to date your pregnancy.

But just like those counting calories or weighing themselves every day, remember to put that information in it's proper perspecitve. Try not to get obsessed by the information you are accumulating (especially at first!)

And also remember, when you aren't trying for a baby, charting temps is a great, healthy, drug free way to avoid pregnancy too!

:happydance:

thanks for the advice it has really helped, i'm gonna chart for a few months and see how it goes, anyhting to help with these irregular cycles :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->