Opinions on 4d scans?

poplet

Reaction score
Tonight my mum called and said if we wanted to book a 4d scan her and my dad would pay for it (they know we are close to skint at the moment!) I am so touched she has offered but wanted to know if they really are worth it before accepting such a generous offer as they are not cheap! If you've ever had one can you offer some advice, are they worth the price tag? Thanks :flower:

We had a gender scan that included some 4D views last Sunday. It was such an amazing experience and definitely worth it in my opinion!! We have already booked another scan for when we are about 28 weeks - it's amazing.

So thumbs up from me! :thumbup: xx

I would 100% recommend having one! The normal scan pictures are nice, but generally nothing special when you look back on them.

My LO is 8 months old now and I still look at her 4D pictures daily. They're so amazing :flower:

yes - i was not bothered before i got pregnant, thought it was a bit of a waste of money, couldn't see why people did it. But then when i was pregnant i decided i did fancy it and it was AMAZING. I would definitely recommend it.

clare x

I think they are very creepy and don't want to see her like that. I remember suffering though watchng the DVD of my friend's and thinking there was nothing pleasant about it and wouldn't be doing that. I would rather buy something for her room or start her a savings account with the money.

I debated this. I decided not to have one as we found out the gender ( which is what i really wanted) and i want to see what he looks like when i meet him. I felt that i could spend the money on him once he is here. Maybe it would have been different if we couldnt tell the gender tho

I had a 4d scan with my LO at 26 weeks and it was amazing you should most definitely do it, i got photos on a cd and a dvd, i have put it in Vinnie's keepsake box, i thought it would be a very cool thing for him to see when he is all grown up.

Carly

Ive been for one today and I would recommend it.. I wouldnt take it as it actually looking like ur baby and i can see why it freaks some people out but I think its nice to see ur baby doing things like yawning and blinking and putting their arms behind the head which is what mine did today.. makes it so much more real xx

i had one at 30 weeks with my wee girl and its really worth the money! We are going to be having one done this time around aswell :) We got ours done at baby bond and they were fantastic! xxx

I had never had one with my other pregnancies but this time we had a private gender scan and we picked the package that also showed us him in 4d, it was really awesome even though his feet were in front of his face so not great pics lol. I've seen some great pics from them. If you do it I'd wait at least a few more weeks, I've heard you get better pics then. I'd do it again if someone was offering...unless that money could be better used on maybe baby gear if yall are pretty tight?

Thankyou for all your opinions! I'm gonna look into where I could get it done and mull it over a little more but reading how positive most of you are it sounds really good!

I have had a 4D with previous pregnancies and will do it again. This time not so much for me (but can't say I won't totally enjoy it) but we will be doing it for our children. My children are 9 1/2, 6 and 4 and can all totally understand that there is a baby in my stomach but I just think it will be a great bonding moment for all of them before he actually gets here. We are a prolife family, so for me it's also to show the children that there is a real moving baby with 10 fingers and 10 toes fully formed inside of me. My oldest girl still remembers the 4D session we did when I was preggo 5 years ago and is super excited about this one. I say if the gift is offered.....take it. Are your parents going to come with you???

I don't know much about it, if they are allowed then definitely! We couldn't even have my mum at the regular 20 week scan as they limited it to myself one other only (my partner). Any recommendations on the best place to get it done (uk)?

Mine was amazing, she looked just like she did when she was born. It was just incredible seeing she had 10 fingers and 10 toes and that she looked like me before I'd even given birth. I can't wait for the 3D scan with this baby!

Definitely worth the money Hun. I had one last week for medical reasons and I have one booked (for my own enjoyment) at 26 weeks. I think they are awesome! Xx

Mine was amazing, she looked just like she did when she was born. It was just incredible seeing she had 10 fingers and 10 toes and that she looked like me before I'd even given birth. I can't wait for the 3D scan with this baby!

Awwh I think you may have changed my mind! I had one at 16weeks (avatar pic) & she was obviously skinny & looked like she had no nose lol so it put me off but I think I might book one now you've said your LO looked like she did when she was born! which week did you go?

I got lucky with number 4. I had never had one with the others as they were expensive. But at the 20 week scan with my last baby they did a little 4d scan for free. It was amazing so I am going to the same place this time hoping to catch a glimpse of the same again. Not sure though if I would pay for one.

We are finding out the gender... but since they do look a lot like the baby will when it's born, I would never get a scan like this.

There are so few surprises in life... I'd rather keep this one.

Best wishes

I had a 4d scan with 3 of my boys, amazing, it was the best thing ever. We had ours done with babybond and have been to both the Manchester and Newcastle ones, both were great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->