Opinions on Names :)

soulvibe

Reaction score
I feel as if I'm decided on the names I want to go with and just curious now to see what other people think of them.

For a girl I'm planning to go with Ava Marguerite.
For a boy it will be Cornel Ebon, maybe Cornel Marlon.

Thanks for your opinions and ideas :)

Ava is beautiful, have always liked it :flower: I have never heard of Cornel, but it does a nice ring to it the more I say it. At the end of the day its whether you like it that ultimately matters:thumbup:

"Cornel" is from "Cornelius." After the boy in A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It would be "Neil" or "Neely" as a nickname. And, thanks, I thought Ava was beautiful too. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm picked, but I just wanted to hear what other people thought. In case there's something that I didn't think about.

Ava is beautiful, have always liked it :flower: I have never heard of Cornel, but it does a nice ring to it the more I say it. At the end of the day its whether you like it that ultimately matters:thumbup:

So is it pronounced cor-neil? I look at it and think Cornell the university. Cor-neil sounds nice, but cor-nell has too much association with the ivy league college. May I suggest spelling it how it sounds? Corneil?

I love the book A Tree Grows in Brooklyn! :) So I obviously like your boys name.

Ava Marguerite is beautiful, I love the French ring to it.

Thanks Daneuse :) To Starkette- No, I was planning on pronouncing it Core-Nehl. It would be "Neil" as a nickname since Cornell is a deriviative of Cornelius. I've never heard of that university before. I'm guessing that's not in Canada huh? I suppose Core-Neil would be another option though.

I love your girls name! The boy's name isn't my cup of tea, mainly because I'd expect that he would have to spell it lots and/or explain the pronunciation, so personally I'd either go for Cornelius or Neil as the official name. I'm still unsure how Cornel would sound though so it's difficult to comment. Neely is adorable for a nick name btw. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->