Opinions on names...

I loved Summer for a girl but there seems to be quite a few people naming their girls that, then i fell in love with Scarlet and thought that was a more original name but not to out there, luckily we are having a boy so dont need to worry about finding a girl name haha

Me stalking you now Cee! :haha:

I must admit I adore Scarlett, such a beautiful name x

I think Scarlett is the fore runner but DH has told me last night that I get to name boo from a list of names ... soooooo as long as Scarlett is on thelist I'm set lol X

I love Scarlet and Summer is beautiful too.

Well my Mum & Dad nearly divorced over what to name my brother, with my Dad coming out with idiot names like Gwain!

In the end it was kind of left in limbo as they could never agree and she was deperate for the name Russell. Once she had him and held him for the first time she looked at my Dad and said "Russell?" and he smiled at her and said 'of course' ...

If it were me I would think well it's me going through all the pain and the sickness and the internal examinations lol... if I really have my heart set on a name I am having it!

That's just me though :haha:

Well my Mum & Dad nearly divorced over what to name my brother, with my Dad coming out with idiot names like Gwain!

In the end it was kind of left in limbo as they could never agree and she was deperate for the name Russell. Once she had him and held him for the first time she looked at my Dad and said "Russell?" and he smiled at her and said 'of course' ...

If it were me I would think well it's me going through all the pain and the sickness and the internal examinations lol... if I really have my heart set on a name I am having it!

That's just me though :haha:

Lol! Lmao at Gwain (sorry anybody who has a child that name it's just very unusual!) and secondly love your style on the 'it's my pain so my gain' kinda thing. So might adopt your opinion lol X

Hehe I was going to be Gavin if I was a boy :nope: can you imagine it? With the success of Gavin & Stacey?? I'd have been GAVLAAAA! :blush:

As for my Dad with his Gwain, Gavin and old knight names (he must have been off his rocker, surely?? :haha: ) that's another matter entirely lol

But yes, we go through so much and I just think if we go through all that and then have to compromise on a name it's a bit sad. I don't think men realise just how difficult pregnancy is sometimes, not even counting the birth itself!

Scarlett is gorgeous, a really timesless name. Love it with Amelia and the old fashioned names :thumbup:

x x

im having the opposite problem we've got lacey chelsea and scarlet for a girl and its took me ages to get my fiance to agree to some boys names, hes came up with lee and kane! lee i dont mind but kane well i dont know what to think about it, and as for the name he chose before no ones liked it! it was kenzie!

im having the opposite problem we've got lacey chelsea and scarlet for a girl and its took me ages to get my fiance to agree to some boys names, hes came up with lee and kane! lee i dont mind but kane well i dont know what to think about it, and as for the name he chose before no ones liked it! it was kenzie!

It's astronomically difficult in name a little person. This is the conclusion I've come to anyways lol! Naming my Kitten was a breeze lol I thought it would be just as simple naming a baby but oh no lol X

Defo carmen...all the other names are so much around now if you know what I mean...haven't meet a little carmen for ages.

Summer & Mae for me

Also like Scarlett - it is becoming v popular tho so depends how you feel about that x

Hubby is definitely leaning towards Carmen now so I think we've narrowed it down to two... although saying that we have 23 weeks to go so hubby will probs change his mind umpteen times by then! X

I think they are all lovely names. I really like Scarlett but my hubbie wasn't keen. I think Scarlet Mae sounds nice but depends on your surname hun x

I think I've decided on a middle name :) My DH's cousin is also pregnant and told us we couldn't use a particular name because it was 'her' name. However, it was my grandfathers name and she's not stealing it so I decided to use it for a middle name instead :) especially since she's due a whole 4 weeks after me :) How does Scarlett Haydn or Carmen Haydn sound? X

Scarlett Haydn has a nicer ring to it. Carmen just doesn't do it for me, I can't imagine a tiny baby being a Carmen for some reason :shrug:

x x

Scarlett Haydn has a nicer ring to it. Carmen just doesn't do it for me, I can't imagine a tiny baby being a Carmen for some reason :shrug:

x x

Thanks hun, I appreciate everybody's honesty :) I wanted to call our little boy (if we have one!) Haydn but DH isn't struck on it so I had to be a little inventive! Plus Haydn is becoming a bit more unisex now with Haydn Panetierre (or however you spell her name!) ??? X

I have no idea who that is :D lol

Haydn is nice for a girl's first name too. Different.

God I really feel like I am stalking your thread now :haha: In my defence I have been in all day trying to get these terry nappies stripped :blush:

xx

Ha ha stalk me! I worry sometimes that I might offend other ladies on here or that I may come across as a nuisance sometimes so stalkers are welcome lol X

Haha..!

I just think that sometimes you come across someone who's got a bit in common with you, or you think 'she's my kind of person' and you take more of an interest in them :winkwink:

x x

Lol that's not going to sound right if I say "I've taken an interest in you MidnightSun is it?" lol But it is lovely speaking to you :) :hugs: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->