Opinions on Violet?

lyla's_mummy

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I like it Dh aint convinced , What do you's think of it ? honest answers please. We have a daughter named Lyla.

I think Violet is a beautiful name. It isn't very common where I live so it would be nice and unusual without being one of those made up "What were they thinking?" names... :thumbup:

I think Violet is a beautiful name. It isn't very common where I live so it would be nice and unusual without being one of those made up "What were they thinking?" names... :thumbup:

Thanks I realy like it but anyone I have mentioned it too hates it, mind you everyone hated Lyla too .

I don't mind it but I'd avoid it because it makes me think "violent".

I hate it.

Nah I joke :winkwink:. DD is named Violet, we get a lot of compliments on her name, people say that it is timeless and beautiful (and I agree :haha:) :).

I hate it.

Nah I joke :winkwink:. DD is named Violet, we get a lot of compliments on her name, people say that it is timeless and beautiful (and I agree :haha:) :).

Had me worried there ;) , it is beautiful name . Nice to hear theres lots of compliments about it :)

I like Violet. I think its timeless and beautiful. I dont think of 'violence' at all, I think of a flower :flower:

I love it... I just really dislike the shortened version Vi.
We really wanted to use it so put it as a middle name to avoid the issue x

I like flower names. Cynthia is a pretty one too. :)

Violet was our name if this baby had been a girl. We read through an entire "Name Your Baby" book and it was our top (and only) choice if that tells ya something;) I LOVE the name!

Love it. It's my sister in law's first pick, otherwise, it would be on my name list! Beautiful and timeless! She could be anything with that name, from a doctor to an artist!

I love it! My OH wasn't kean either he said it reminded him of Violent too. There is always going to be a word or something with every name though! I liked Blake and OH said it reminded him of Flake... Always going to be something!

I love it.

Very similar sounding to Lyla.
L-yl-a
V-iol-et

I love it but I won't use it as in the UK people seem to think it's an old womans name. Maybe it's coolness and popularity in the US will change this.

I think it's feminine and I think of the flower and the colour.

Cxxxx

Have you heard some of the names that people in the UK think are cool, Spacegirl?!

You're better off with an old woman's name :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->