Opinions please??

mammywannabee

Reaction score
A family member is expecting twins in September our baby is due in October... We had asked what names they had chose n they wouldn't tell us so I agreed to to tell them the names we've picked.. They scoffed at our choices Reuben for a boy and Darcy Rose for a girl.. They had chose something totally different n we are set in stone with our names.. They've now turned round and said if its 2 boys they want to name one Reuben!! I am absolutely liveried they have said this even thought don't know what we're having yet its really wound me up even though iv said its silly to have 2 babies of the same family born in the same year with the same name!! :growlmad::nope::growlmad:

Tell them, too bad and U shared your names so they wouldn't be used twice! I'd tell them if they use your name they r shitty friends/family. What the hell is wrong w ppl? Like who wants to be a name stealer?lol seriously!

While it may sound silly to argue over names, you are 100% right in how you feel. You told them what you picked so that way they won't end up picking the same name, and then they run off with the name! They are SO wrong. The fact they are due before you is gonna make people think you took the name from them, and not the other way around! I would not even wanna talk to them.

:dohh: what's the matter with people lately. it seems to be happening all the time lately. id be so annoyed if someone used a name id told them but more so i couldn't ever use a name somebody had told me they had picked out for their baby it would just feel so wrong. i would have to say something to them . you have every right to be annoyed. xx

I mentioned it to my cousin n he said he would make sure she wouldn't use that name.. But in the next breath she's even posting on my fb status saying she's wanting to name it Reuben if its a boy even after I'd put on the same status 'woe betide anyone if they steal my name'. I dunno what else to say to them.. Xx

I mentioned it to my cousin n he said he would make sure she wouldn't use that name.. But in the next breath she's even posting on my fb status saying she's wanting to name it Reuben if its a boy even after I'd put on the same status 'woe betide anyone if they steal my name'. I dunno what else to say to them.. Xx

wow i really don't know what to say. she sounds like she may have a few issues if she has even commented on your status after you were quite to the point about people using the name you've chosen. do you see your cousin regularly too, so would your children get together often ? i would most likely start telling everyone who is linked to you and your cousin YOUR choice of name so they are aware you've picked it out first. least if it really does come to her using it they all know it was your choice. xx

Lol man maybe everyone should tell people bogus names until the baby is born to set them all straight. I refuse to tell anyone!

In my honest opinion after reading this part, she's trying to piss you off. WTF is her problem? Why would she wanna do that to you??

Wow imagine I'm not using a name that my BFF loves for a girl incase her next one is a girl! I would never steal a name and she isn't even pregnant! Lol.

I do have quite a close small family on my mams side which is the side my cousin is from. I really wanna kick off with her but will feel like a tit if it turns out they find out its girls... Xx

I would be mad! They are totally in the wrong. I would confront them. My cousin is 2 weeks behind me and she is having a boy also. I told her the name and she loves it but is not stealing it. That's just rude.

Definatley not joking even my sis in law agrees she's adamant.. I might just say to her is this a wind up?? Xx

Definatley not joking even my sis in law agrees she's adamant.. I might just say to her is this a wind up?? Xx

I think that's a great idea. So she knows that you think it's outrageous and she has time to retreat and think about what she's doing without losing face....she can always say "Yeah, of course, haha!" if she comes to her senses.

A friend has done this to me...i've had a boys name picked since before I was married and I live abroad so I thought an English name would be safe and original. It never crossed my mind she'd even like the name since she isn't english so when we were discussing genders, I said it would be great to have a boy as I've had his name chosen for 8 years.

Well she is 2 months ahead of me and found out shes carrying a boy and announced she's calling him by the name I had picked out. I thought it was a joke at first and asked her if she was serious....she said 'absolutely, and I've bought personalized items with his name on'. Like you I was sooooo annoyed, I felt extremely betrayed. When I initially found out I said to DH we'll have to think of another name but he point blank refused.

So I've taken a new approach - I've made sure that everyone that knows me and her knows the names I've chosen - I tell people that I know couldn't care less but I'm making sure they know where they heard it first (I never mention that she's also using the name)....also, theres an addition detail, I've also told them that the boys name we've chosen is my grandfathers name (which isn't strictly true between me and you) but now no one will question who chose that name....so you could could make a big facebook announcement that you are calling your son Rueben after DH grandfather/long long cousin/uncle etc. I know it's a white lie but after a week if feeling so deflated, I decided not to get mad - to get even!

I have done then my status must if came to life again as a couple of friends 'liked' it.. Then a friend commented saying that I was organised having picked my names which led me into a rant of why n how we came to pick the name.. So hopefully that will do the trick!! My mam says its along time between now n the due date so things can change.. But I'm jut getting it all out there now n keeping my fingers crossed they re having to girls haha we find out at the end on the month what we're having everyone's saying a boy so far xx

I would be mad too! Sounds like she not being very nice to be honest! Just tell her if its boys then you'll be really upset and annoyed if she goes with your name after you telling her what you've picked. xx

I have done then my status must if came to life again as a couple of friends 'liked' it.. Then a friend commented saying that I was organised having picked my names which led me into a rant of why n how we came to pick the name.. So hopefully that will do the trick!! My mam says its along time between now n the due date so things can change.. But I'm jut getting it all out there now n keeping my fingers crossed they re having to girls haha we find out at the end on the month what we're having everyone's saying a boy so far xx

I find out at the start of next month and I have always thought I was having a boy (despite everyone else saying 'girl') - not that I mind either way but it would be easier to have a girl now and save any more name drama....but you don't expect your friends & family to do this to you when you are both pregnant - it's just not on! All of my girl mates that know what's happened are in shock as they say I've been harping on about the name for years.
I guess it shows lack of imagination on their part but they are crafty because they are going to have their baby first. But seriously - stick by your guns because a name is for life and you need to be happy with it and kow you didn't pick a 2nd choice. At the end of the day, are the children going to spend much time together?? Ours probably were but since I can't clearly trust the girl, then I will be keeping her at arms length now anyway. She'll be nicking my silver next...:haha:

To be honest will probs be once a month at my nanas, but it's not the point it will confuse family members when someone mentions the name Reuben.. It's a complete farce I'm gonna just had to wait n see what happens iv made my point it's upto her to take haste and use her loaf!! She's got 4 kids already not to my cousin but if she'd liked the name Reuben that much she would/could of used it by now!! Hence how we know she pinched it from us the daft cow lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->