Opinions please??

To be honest will probs be once a month at my nanas, but it's not the point it will confuse family members when someone mentions the name Reuben.. It's a complete farce I'm gonna just had to wait n see what happens iv made my point it's upto her to take haste and use her loaf!! She's got 4 kids already not to my cousin but if she'd liked the name Reuben that much she would/could of used it by now!! Hence how we know she pinched it from us the daft cow lol xx

It's so so annoying. I never thought something like this would have upset me as much as it did but I have to admit, I cried....and everytime I thought about it for about a week, my blood would boil - I think more so because she was my friend and I thought I could tell her our chosen names without worrying she'd nick it. Then I get my MIL saying 'well you shouldn't tell anyone your names, you will learn next time' - yeahhh, cheers for that one....I'd figured that out for myself. :growlmad:

Id call my child what i liked tbh, i woulnt care if someone already had it picked or was due before me, if thats the name i wanted i would use it :shrug: I know its pissed you off but there qwill always be someone with the same name as your child at the end of the day.

We already have an Amy in the family but I still used it for my daughter.

This is why I didn't share name ideas with anybody! Nobody knew other than me and my OH what names we had picked until after the birth.
I'd use it, even if she does! You spoke about it first. Fingers crossed she won't use it though! She seems like a bit of a bitch tbh!

thats out of order

i never really worried too much as my family dont breed well :cry: there's only 4 other members in my sons generation and he only knows 2 of them

i recently found out an old friend has used my sons name but it doesn't bother me much as ive never met his kids and they live at the other side of the county

for my next son and/or daughter i doubt anyone will as there both foreign names and never used here, if i have a 3rd son though we would name him after my great granddad who already has a child named after him (one of the 2 we dont really know) but we would call our child Billy whereas theirs is called William (and they insist on no nickname or shorthand versions) so should be fine as we would only see each other at the odd wedding every 5 years or so

I would confront her though, she obviously got no mind of her own - maybe you could present her with some similar but different names or if you know shes just vindictive you could try to catch her out by pretending you have changed your mind and seeing if she copies

Tbh I don't really know her that well they've only been together a few month.. It's a weird situation she's the sister in law of my cousins sister if that makes sense.. Im really close to my cousins as my mams side of the family is small so we grew up together n there's always family get together a birthdays, christenings, weddings etc.. So it would jut be really awkward.. I've picked the name Rueben cos 1 I love it n 2 love it shortened to Ruby for a boy.. Iv made my opinions know. Just waitin for some sort of comeback I shall let you all know though thanks ladies xx

Tbh I don't really know her that well they've only been together a few month.. It's a weird situation she's the sister in law of my cousins sister if that makes sense.. Im really close to my cousins as my mams side of the family is small so we grew up together n there's always family get together a birthdays, christenings, weddings etc.. So it would jut be really awkward..

For some reason I misread this and got the impression that it was your brother and his wife who were doing this. I'm totally close to my cousins as well so I understand, but....if that crazy girl is THAT far removed then screw it and ignore her. She sounds crazy but you don't need the stress and don't let it ruin your day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->