Opinions please

B

bluebell2012

Hello, we are team yellow and so we have to come up with two names...Can you please tell me what you think of there? I hate names you can shorten (no offense to anyone) and like a name that is cute as a baby and yet grown up when little one is older.

Like Tyler for example...its a great name for a child but will he really be taken seriously as an adult..and I wouldn't want people calling him Ty as he grows up. (no offense to anyone that named their child this, this is just my opinion, I mean no disrespect or hard feelings or anything)

If baby is a girl - Sarah Elaine

If baby is a boy - Caleb Landon

I have to say, I love them:blush:

Hello! First of all, love both names! :) If bb bean is going to be a Caleb, would that be pronounced Kah-leb or Kay-lub. With the first, people may call him Cal for short -- I had a friend with that name & everyone called him Cal. With the latter people may call him Cay for short!! Just wanted to point that out because you mentioned that you hated names that you can shorten. ;)

yes i thought they might as well but that is the only boys name we like and I have told my oh that we will just have to make sure they are corrected if anyone tries to shorten it. We are pronoucing it Kay-lub like in the bible.

:thumbup:

People will shorten it no matter what. You will just need to correct family and friends.

Sarah will get Sar (s-air)

Caleb will get Cal or even Cale

I totally know what you mean about not liking names that can be shortened. I am like too. We named our dog Cleveland and my MIL calls the dog Clevie. It drives me nuts and its our dog not our kid. We were shocked she found a way to shorten or nickname it. I shouldn't have been surprised. My niece is Grace and my MIL calls her Gracie. My BIL is Andy shortened from Andrew and his mother (my MIL) calls him And.

People will shorten/nickname anything...its remarkable.

thanks, I have known a few people named sarah and nobody that I have heard has ever called them Sar

I assume teenage years will be when one might do this but yes they will be corrected :) My family knows not to shorten names like that.

So my actual reason for the post was if you like the names? what do you think of them

Sarah Elaine flows really nicely (I'm partial as I have an Alaina) ;)

I like Caleb but Landon doesn't flow as easily on the tongue imo. I feels like a mouthful. . .maybe because of the L's.

my boys caleb and i loooove it :) dont know anyone else called it lol. i sometimes call him cal haha

I love Sarah, it's really pretty and was popular in the 80s but not so common now. I'm not so taken with Elaine but I can't put my finger on why. It might be because it's an 80s name too but not as pretty as Sarah. I don't dislike it though. Totally personal! I do think the name flows well though.

Caleb is a good name too! Again, not a fan of Landon. I think it's because I'm British and Landon sounds exactly the way Londoners pronounce London.

Great first names though!

thanks, I am open to suggestions on middle names. We picked these because they flow nice and we don't know anyone by these names so we won't hear "oh the middle name came from me"

To be honest I don't think you can avoid nicknames. Long names will get shortened and short names will get lengthened whether we like it or not :shrug:

I love Sarah. I have a friend named Sarah Elise which is also pretty.

I agree with LadyMuck80 about Landon. I thought London straight away (prob is because we're British :))

Caleb is a nice name though. I like Caleb Emerson or Caleb Andrew

Caleb is lovely. Sarah isn't my cup of tea but nothing at all wrong with it.

To be honest I don't think you can avoid nicknames. Long names will get shortened and short names will get lengthened whether we like it or not :shrug:

I love Sarah. I have a friend named Sarah Elise which is also pretty.

I agree with LadyMuck80 about Landon. I thought London straight away (prob is because we're British :))

Caleb is a nice name though. I like Caleb Emerson or Caleb Andrew

ooooooooooooooohhhhhh I like Emerson...I think I shall add that to our list of middle names; thanks. So far the first names are what we are going with for sure.

I cannot use Andrew as that is my nephews name.

Sarah Elaine - shortens to Sair and Ellie or Lane/Lainy... would age well and fit a CV great

Caleb Landon - shortens to Cale and Andy or Don/Donny... not sure about aging, Caleb sounds young to me

nicknames are every where, my bf kid is called Chloe and when I saw her I called her Clo (like Flo but with a K sound) and she went mad lol she picked it because she though it couldn't be shortened... oops

personally I think nicknames are great, it gives the child more option to create their own identity which is important inho
by the time they are teenagers (maybe even before) you cant stop them calling themselves anything they want and they will resent you if you try to block or stop them forming their own identity... you might not like nicknames but remember this isn't YOUR name or YOUR life at the end of the day

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->