Opinions please? :)

It makes sense why he would keep toys at his place however if the cold wanted to bring a toy to the other home I think they should be able to.

I don't see the issue. They seem him quite often and need things to entertain themselves whilst there.

It doesn't really concern me what others do but in my situation toys from FOB/his family stay at his house. Clothes/gift cards are sent here. I have enough bloody toys here without adding FOB's too :lol:

I think they should stay at the house where the parent who bought them lives unless the child wants to take them back and forth. It's one of those things that depends on the relationship between parents too though. Dad isn't going to want toys to go on a visit to mums house if mum keeps the toys there to make a point (and vice versa). If that happens, the toys would have to stay at the house.

I think the kids should take any toys they want to both houses. Especially if they have a fav toy.

I think it's fine to keep them at the dad's house - they need toys there too. But if the child wanted to take a favourite toy from one house to another (no matter which parent bought it) they should be allowed. It's their toy.

Why is she bothered? Is it genuine concern that he's bought inappropriate gifts or petty rivalry?

DS1 goes to his dads every other weekend and although toys live at the house of whoever bought them he is free to take and bring them back and forth as he chooses but we always try to return it back to original house :) I'd freak if all the toys from his dads came home, I don't have enough storage space here. xx

I think it's fine to keep them there but if the children wanted to take something back and forward then they should be able to. Same would apply to wanting to take a toy to their dads.

I think it makes sense for them to keep toys there as they spend a lot of time there. My kids have toys at my mums and my grandmas house to keep them occupied when we're visiting.

I think it all depends on how often they go to FOBS and what toys they are. If its something big that the kid adores id expect it to go where the child spends most of the time. I'm basing that on experiences with the kids grandmothers though.

My LO's take whatever toys they want between both houses (their Dads & mine) they have toys at both places but some get bought back and forth, they even take toys to grandparents and stuff. It doesn't bother me really, in fact I'd hate to upset them by saying 'No you can't take that to your Dad's because I bought it'

My brother is no longer with his daughters Mum and the gifts he gives to her stay at his, he has her every weekend. I think this makes a lot of sense personally x

My DD stays with her dad once a week and I don't see what she gets there - unless she comes home in their clothes xx

I don't see anything wrong with the toys staying there if the kids are happy with that. I wouldn't be impressed if their dad was just being stubborn about it though - it's not hard to pack some toys for a visit and they should be allowed to play with all their toys at home if they so wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->