Opinions please

Narla83

Mum of 3 & pregnant
Reaction score
Hi everyone,😊

I haven't posted on this part of the forum before but I'm so livid I was hoping you might give me your opinion. So here's some of the story:

I have a 13 year old daughter who has had problems with bullying since she's been at high school, she's 5'7 at the min and has never retaliated at all.

Today I have a phone call from her her school saying she's been in an incident and she got hit, so when she gets home I ask her about it. Turns out a girl in the year above her has cornered her and repetivly (sp) punched her in her face, head and neck at least 10 times 😳

The school has said this girl has got a 1 day suspension and that's it! There are witnesses to this including the girls friend in question.

My question to you is do you find that excetible or would you contact the police and follow the lines of ABH that I'm inclined to do?

Please any answers to this would be great fully accepted and thanku.x

I would absolutely contact the police.

If the incident had happened outside of school the police would be the first port of call and I would not hesitate to contact them in this instant. How awful for your poor daughter. I hope she's ok :hugs:

The school said we could take it to the police def gonna phone them now see what they say.

Thanks so much she's shaken up and in needs of lots of cuddles but she's ok.x

Yes I would make it a police matter, although I would keep the school informed as to what I was doing. I also would be putting in a complaint to the school, as I feel a 1 day suspension is not good enough..... I'd be expecting at least 3 days AND a written apology.

If your daughter is suffering bullying make sure you record as much as possible - write down dates and what's happened etc because if it carries on you will have proof of how long it's been going on

Hope your daughter is ok xxx

I'd call the police if that were my daughter. That's assault, and a 14ish year old is above the age of criminal responsibility. I wouldn't hesitate to report it.

Call the police. If nothing else maybe it will scare the crap out of the little jerk that's bullying her.

I'd absolutely contact the police, that is appalling! xx

I would call the police. I did when my 10 year old son (when he was 9) was assaulted by a boy 2 years older.

Did the school not call the police? That's assault so they really should have. The girl should be on at least a week's suspension and if it's repeat behavior I'd want her expelled. Your child should be able to be safe going to school.

I'd call the police, too.

When I was 15, I moved to a little village in Durham. You know the type - all the adults went to school together and all the kids have grown up together. Newbies are a no no!

There was a big grassy park separating my house and school and, one day walking through the park, I was jumped by 15-20 boys from my year in school. One of them was my next door neighbour. I got home black and blue and my step dad at the time marched me in the following morning. The head master took me to the door of the assembly room after morning assembly when everyone would be coming out then made me physically point them out, in full view, as they passed. They all got a 30 minute lunch time detention....

My mum and step dad called the police. They came and told us we'd be best just leaving the school to do what they do because going to the doors of the boys might just make it worse for me.... :nope: We moved not too long after that.

I'd call the police, too.

When I was 15, I moved to a little village in Durham. You know the type - all the adults went to school together and all the kids have grown up together. Newbies are a no no!

There was a big grassy park separating my house and school and, one day walking through the park, I was jumped by 15-20 boys from my year in school. One of them was my next door neighbour. I got home black and blue and my step dad at the time marched me in the following morning. The head master took me to the door of the assembly room after morning assembly when everyone would be coming out then made me physically point them out, in full view, as they passed. They all got a 30 minute lunch time detention....

My mum and step dad called the police. They came and told us we'd be best just leaving the school to do what they do because going to the doors of the boys might just make it worse for me.... :nope: We moved not too long after that.

That's so horrible! The justice system certainly failed you, geez. Glad your parents got you out of there.

I would definitely call the Police. If a teenager did that to ME I'd be calling them so why the school thinks a 1 day suspension is the right course of action is beyond me.

Schools can be a bit crap with dealing such issues. I recall being bullied by a girl and I tried to tell the teacher who just shook his head and said there was nothing he could do! Lucky for me though, that girl saw me telling him and thinking she would be in trouble she stopped her bullying but as a adult I realise how badly that was handled. I think police complaint is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->