OPK and EPO question... sorry if a repeat!

veganmumma

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My apologies for jumping on and promptly asking questions, but I'm hoping someone can help! Thanks to everyone either way :haha::flower: sorry for rambling in advance!

I'm not really sure whether to call this cycle one or 2, but we just decided to try last cycle-- at a date that should have been just too late by a few days. I've just turned thirty (last week! eek! lol), and he's 35. I have a history of super irregular periods with serious PMS and long, heavy pd's, but I've evened out as I've gotten older, and for the last few years I've been relatively regular (when not stressed... so much stress! lol) at about 28-34 days.

Last month my cycle was about 42 days, and I have this sneaking suspicion that it may have been an annovulatory phase... So, I promptly ran out and bought EPO, Maca, and a huge batch of OPKs. Then, believe it or not, I lost track of time and just looked at the calendar today to find that today was CD 12! I figure since I have a bunch of OPKs and have been feeling funny since starting EPO, I should start testing early... so I tested ASAP!

This afternoon I took my first OPK, and to my gigantic disbelief the test line got dark very quickly... only it was thinner than the control line. It was as dark as the control line for sure, only it was thinner... I've seen HPTs do this a lot, but I am unsure what to think because CD 12 seems quite early and I've never used OPKs!

To ramble a little more, they're the 7 pack of first response OPKs, and I took another about 4-5 hrs later and the test line is still thin, but it's now lighter than the control line.

Anyone have any advice?? Could I possible have surged early because of the messed up last cycle or the EPO? Did I maybe just catch the tail end of it? Could it be wrong? Do thin lines mean anything? I would post a pic, but it looks like a very VERY clear positive in the pic, and in person you can tell the test line is skinnier.

Also, I actually do feel a little crampy and bloated, slightly sore bb's, which I sometimes do get around O, but.... I just don't know what to think and don't want to get my hopes up! I'm sure you know what I mean!!

Also, anyone have any experience with EPO making O come early or anything? Sorry to ramble and thanks for reading!! Good luck to us all! :thumbup:

Hi :hi:! My feeling with OPKs is when in doubt treat it as a positive and :sex: just to make sure you don't miss the eggy. I've learned the best thing to do is to temp so that you can confirm O, that way you're not just guessing and wasting OPKs by taking them all the way through AF (if you're not sure whether you've O'd or not). I only say this a fellow irregular/annovulatory (mainly) cycle-er. :flower: My O days the past two cycles since I've started temping and confirming have been on CD34 (cycle before last) and CD19 (last cycle). This cycle it looks like I'll be Oing either tomorrow or the next day (so CD25/26). So to answer your question, it is entirely possible that you are Oing earlier.

Another thing, I would say that if more than half the test line is as dark or darker than the control - treat it as a pos. If it's less than half, then it most likely is not a pos. I've had the same experience with those OPKs. I now use the wondfo brand and get them through amazon (super cheap - 40 for $10 and free shipping).

I use EPO strictly for CM and toning the uterus. I take it the first part of my cycle and stop once I've O'd as it can cause early uterine contractions that could lead to mc if you're preggo (another reason why temping is a good idea).

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask away and someone will be able to help you. :flower:

Thank you SO much, Stash!! I appreciate the feedback more than I can say :D

I have a lot of trouble because I've been very conscious of my cycle and am (FINALLY) semi-regular, but in the last 2 months have switched from 3 jobs and NO (literally- 3 hrs on a good night) sleep, but to no job and lots of relaxation... Sounds good, but truly: it's rough. Trust me.

I realize how obnoxious that is to say, but to everyone out there who is jealous, it doesn't feel great to be in charge of others' days off and fall short--trust me. Plus, when you have fears and an annovulatory cycle, the ability to sleep all day is never helpful.... No matter how much I want a baby, my bed is very comfy at 10 AM... And I pick sleep over ANYthing. lol. Feels terrible to have no baby and no impact on the world-- trust me. I am a 3 job teacher to no job, and while I love not working, I'm pretty sure it's hurting my chances :cry:

Trust me, I am paying for the relaxation I never had.... And please, off hand, I have watched my sister go through troubles that I (hopefully) will not... And troubles I will not explain.... But everyone has their struggles; that is clear to me.... TRUST ME. If you don't hear from someone, it may be an indicator that they are dealing with something you cannot trust/deal with/ handle.... Not everything that glitters is gold...

Anyhow, thanks for the response. With all this free time I have a lot to think about-- especially when he is coaching hockey. Much love and luck to everyone. If you want a buddy, I am here!!!!! xo

Point is, we all have our struggles... Some of us it's timing, some it's hereditary, some it's something else... Good luck to you and everyone who reads this. We are all trying enough to deserve it, and if there is anything I can do for people I know--or have yet to meet-- I will. Baby dust, and much love!!!!!!

xoxox
Beth

It always seems that the more time you have, the less productive you are. :dohh: I'm self-employed, and for me it's feast or famine. The times where I'm super busy, I am able to get so much more done in other aspects of my life than when business is slow. And yes, :haha: my bed always just sound like the best option at 10:am. :haha: And all that extra time you have does not help at all with the TTC journey. :nope: It's all you think about and then google and research and look at all the cute baby stuff you'll hopefully be able to purchase soon....STRESS inducing.

O/T - How long have you been vegan? I became vegan over 2 years ago, but had some medical stuff that kept me from being able to do my own shopping and cooking so had to do with what I was brought, and am now back to the vegan lifestyle. I don't even have one friend that's vegetarian so people look at me like I have three heads when they find that I'm vegan. :haha:

hi ladies... i too have anovulatory cycles...so i got some clomid...but i wish i would have heard of soy isoflavones before i got the clomid... because its natural. if you take five days, and only five days cd2-6. cd 3-7. cd4-8.cd5-9, the early gives more eggs the later gives more mature eggs. i might help you to ovulate. if you have a 42days cycle its my bet you are not ovulating or if you are its too late in your cycle.i hope you know you only take epo until you ovulate, because it can be harmful afterward. then you take flax seed oil until cd1.

hi ladies... i too have anovulatory cycles...so i got some clomid...but i wish i would have heard of soy isoflavones before i got the clomid... because its natural. if you take five days, and only five days cd2-6. cd 3-7. cd4-8.cd5-9, the early gives more eggs the later gives more mature eggs. i might help you to ovulate. if you have a 42days cycle its my bet you are not ovulating or if you are its too late in your cycle.i hope you know you only take epo until you ovulate, because it can be harmful afterward. then you take flax seed oil until cd1.

This is my 2nd cycle taking soy iso (last cycle I only took it on CD3 but got worried since my dr canceled my clomid cycle due to a cyst and ended up Oing on CD19). So this cycle I decided to take it again (CD5-9) and looks like I'm Oing today. :happydance: I'll find out tomorrow if my temp spikes.

I thought I had read that flax seed oil isn't good to take if you're preggo (can't remember why and it's fuzzy if this is even what I read - I've read so many things I'm starting to get confused :wacko:). The only reason why I'm thinking this is because I had planned to take flax seed but now "know" I should avoid it? :shrug: I'll go look that up in a second to make sure that's what I read. And yes, I know not to take EPO after O (at the end of my first post in this thread). :haha: Thank you though for reiterating it - definitely not good after O. :flower:

How long have you been ttc by the way? Do you have PCOS? Sorry for the questions. :blush:

I found all kinds of conflicting info on flaxseed oil during pregnancy, but for the most part on the medical sites it said a moderate amount (the amount found in foods) is okay, but higher doses could cause bleeding and early labor - it is also listed on a couple sites that it should be avoided during pregnancy. The conflicting info just made me err on the side of caution and that's why I decided not to take it. It's probably not harmful, but I do believe I get enough omega-3s not to need the supplement. :flower:

lol...i love the questions because its just nice to connect like that its cool. i have been ttc for four years i lost 60lbs and conceived naturally after being told that i do have pcos. but i had a missed m/c at 13wks. the fetus didnt age past like 8wks...anyways i am ok now its been a little over a year... i ordered clomid online and bought opk's. i ovulated 19-20 too i am on cd 28 as of now, but i doubt i am pregnant, but its nice to now i ovulated... a cyst?? how did you know when did you find out??? see that is something i do worry about at times not seeing a dr. and taking clomid???? CYST!!! but i know the symptoms and know to go to the er, but do wonder if the clomid is giving me more cyst or a chance at having a baby? and as far as the pcos ki have two friends with it and they both have actually been to the hospital because of cyst many times(they are not on clomid and one of them has no trouble conceiving naturally).what cd are you on and would you explain more to me about the cyst??? was it the clomid or the soy that caused it? what did you feel when you had it?

Actually, I never felt it and still don't feel it, but it was 6cm when they found it (the beginning of this month it had gone down to 4 cm, so it's shrinking) and they won't start me on clomid until it's completely gone. :nope: I am with an RE and they monitor your cycles like crazy. I had to go in on CD3 (soooo embarrassing) for an u/s to make sure everything was good to go for me to start on clomid - that's how they found it. I thought they were just checking the lining to make sure it wasn't too thin (clomid thins it more - so if it's too thin they will cancel the cycle), but since I had a cyst (huge!!) they canceled it. The clomid could have made the cyst grow even larger and then made it rupture, which would have put me in the ER. Anyhow, it never bothered me and I would have never known if it hadn't been for the u/s. They found it back in Feb, which would have been my first clomid cycle.

Now, I'm supposed to go back the first week of April or when my next cycle starts to do a follow up on the cyst to make sure it's still shrinking (they go away on their own) and if it's gone they'll start me on clomid. Buuuuut, since I've been Oing without the clomid (with help from the soy) I am not wanting to do the clomid anymore. The only reason for the clomid was to get me to start Oing so now that I am, I'd just rather wait it out this way. Before I felt hopeless and thought clomid was the only way, but now I am feeling much more positive about it and the soy just seems like a better option (for me).

Anyhow, I'm CD25 and have been having O cramps today, a pos OPK yesterday, neg OPK today, so I feel like I'm Oing today. For me, it's just a good feeling to know that I've O'd even if it doesn't transpire into a BFP - it means my body is starting to work properly and we're just that much closer to our BFP. :flower:

Hmmm... That def. Gives me something to think about so they found the cycle cd3 after you last cycle of clomid??? Like you were on af??? Did it make you ovulate and which days? And what days sre you taking the soy?

I've never been on clomid actually. The cycle I was supposed to start it was the cycle they found the cyst. And yes, I was on AF when they did the u/s, but that's when they want you to come in for the u/s. :wacko:

Last cycle I only took one day of soy (CD3) and O'd CD19. This time I took soy CD5-9. Both times I just did 100mg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->