OPK and pregnancy

IamSoBlessed

Reaction score
Hey there! My husband and I are TTC baby #2! :) But this is our first time actually TTC. Our first born was a surprise, as I was told that I would never be able to have children, due to my reproductive system. Such a blessing! <3

I am quite the novice to all of this, so any help would be appreciated. I have read that you can use OPK tests to possibly be early pregnancy detectors. I have read that if the line darkens each day, then there is a good chance you are pregnant.

I am on CD 19 (if I calculated that correctly, from the first day of my last period), and my average cycle is 28 days long, according to my app. So I know I am quite early on the testing train. But I just "feel" like I did with my first. Cramping, "full" feeling in my uterus and can't suck in my belly, and a tiny bit of nausea (I literally got sick every day of my pregnancy last time... and even through my entire c section!), and peeing more.

The picture is the OPK tests that I took (top-afternoon yesterday. middle- first morning urine today. bottom- second urine today).

I read not to do first morning urine- but I have a ton of tests and I just wanted to see what it would do-- and the line was almost non existent. The bottom line, however, was much darker than yesterday.

Thank you all in advance for helping! I obviously have no clue. :blush:

Attachments

• 20150515_080400.jpg
    20150515_080400.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 9
Opks CAN pick up hcg but you would have to have at least 50 miu of hcg in your body and the opk would have to truly be positive, with the test line as dark or darker than the control. By then you would also be able to get a positive on a pregnancy test too. The third one, though darker than the others, isn't quite positive so I don't think it is picking up hcg just yet, especially since you're only on cd 19. You still have some time before you get a positive anything! lol

My suggestion would be, if you're not sure, to wait a few days then :test: with a pregnancy test, not an opk. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I took an opk this afternoon and it was equal darkness to the test line. But the test line seemed lighter than the others. I really appreciate your feedback and I plan on testing in a few days!

I would take a pregnancy test to be extra sure. I've used OPK's when I didn't have a test around and got a positive HOWVER, I wasn't pregnant. So they can be iffy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->