OPK as HPT?

ohmyitschelsi

Momof1, TTC#2 Infertility
Reaction score
Ok so I had to pee on something this morning and of course for once in my life I didn't have a HPT in sight so I pee'd on a OPK and its super dark...which is weird, now is it suppose to be white like without a LH surge or anything...so if there is any HCG in me would it show up on a OPK?

I have heard that opks can give you a positive reading if pregnant I would go to the store and get an HPT and test again. A few days can change things.

I am 17dpo now and got my BFP at 11dpo. If I do an OPK I get a very dark, almost purple line.

An OPK can work as a HPT, yes. A pregnancy test detects on the hCG hormone. An OPK is designed to detect the LH hormone, but detects hCG too. So if you're getting super darks at 17dpo (like me!)... go get a HPT!!!!

Unfortunately lots of women have a LH surge right before AF.

Also, if you used FMU you will have a higher concentration of LH in your urine [as it is a hormone that is present throughout your cycle in low doses]

Good Luck!

Mine got dark this month so I went and got a pregnancy test and was neg..The OPK was positive before my hpt was which was 3 days later.FX for you.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...my-opk-today-going-w-my-body-look-please.html

I made a post abt this bc I was so confused abt my opks, well I just found out I'm pregnant a couple of days ago :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->