Opk +? bbt ?

HappyPanda4

Reaction score
I am taking opks and for the last 2 days at 7pm they were almost positive but then at 11pm they seemed to fade quite a bit.

I attached a pic of my opk from right now. It looks positive but not quite sure. Plus I had a huge bbt spike this morning. Which doesn't make sense bc I haven't had a +opk yet. I have been taking them religiously.

Can room temp affect bbt? The only thing that changed is that we slept w/o the ceiling fan on bc its cooling down. Would room environment affect vaginal temp?

Good luck to everyone! :babydust:

Attachments

• opk resized.jpg
    opk resized.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 3
Factors that affect temperatures

What factors influence my basal body temperature (BBT)?

There are certain factors that can influence your basal body temperature. These should be noted in the notes section of Fertility Friend or checked on the checklist/specifics on the data entry page.

These factors will usually not make charting and chart analysis impossible, especially if they occur only rarely, though it may be more challenging. In most cases, even when these factors apply on an ongoing basis, they will not skew your data so much that reading the chart is impossible. It is important to make a note of the factors, however to help with the interpretation of the chart. The following factors may influence your BBT:

fever
illness and infections (even those that do not produce a fever)
cold, sore throat
drugs and medications
alcohol (especially in large quantities, though all alcohol consumption should be recorded)
smoking (if you smoke, you should consider quitting before you are even pregnant)
emotional stress
physical stress
excitement
sleep disturbances (insomnia, night-waking, upsetting dreams, poor sleep)
change in waking time
jet lag
travel
change of climate
use of electric blanket
change of room temperature
recently discontinuing birth control pills
breastfeeding

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/Factors-that-affect-temperatures-.html

Just curious, what the best way to temp. I didn't know you tempted via vagina....

I tried temping orally but I am a terrible mouth breather and sleeping with your mouth open can affect your temperature. This is my 2nd month temping vaginally and its working out well. I wash the thermometer really well and use the plastic thermometer covers just to be extra hygienic.

Your OPK looks positive to me!!! So your temp spike is probably ovulation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->