+ OPK But No Temp Spike?

Angel5000

Mother to Melody
Reaction score
Hey ladies! Need some advice!

I check cm, I do OPK and I use BBT.

On Thursday I got a :) on the clear blue Digi OPK indicating a + OPK. I've had EW cm for the last 10 days before and we have BD every other or at least every 3rd day once EWcm started. Hubby and I BD the day of + . Fri there was no temp spike, friends came into town for the 4th that day so we didn't BD (busy + heat + exhaustion). Saturday no temp spike, BD that day. Sunday temp spike BUT I'd had a couple drinks (no lectures) and didn't sleep well sat night bc of fireworks going off all night so I suspect it was a fluke because today temp was back down to the same pre-O temp of 97.18.

For bbt to indicate O, the spike has to stay above the base line for 3 days right? I use FF and no CH yet.

So what does this mean? How do I get a + OPK but no temp spike?
Also, I didn't keep testing OPK after that because I read you don't need to keep testing.

But now I'm confused. And a little worried. Never heard of this happening before

Note: I take vitex (this is second cycle) to lengthen LP (usually only 8 days) and added b6 to my pills on Saturday to try to lengthen LP. I've heard b6 can delay O but I thought if I added it the day I was going to O it wouldn't be a big deal that's why I waited to add it, because I already O so late in the cycle and my cycles typically 35-40.

It usually takes a few days after your positive to actually ovulate. If I had had a smiley on Thursday I would not have ovulated until Saturday so my spike would be on Sunday. In my case I will get 2 days of a smiley then the third day it will be an open circle again and that is the day that I ovulate. Also, even if I have a temp spike, the first few days after ovulation hover right around the baseline. It sounds to me like your timeline is accurate but you won't know for sure for another few days.

You do not need to keep testing after your positive OPK but I did for a long time until I knew my cycles inside and out.

Good luck!

It usually takes a few days after your positive to actually ovulate. If I had had a smiley on Thursday I would not have ovulated until Saturday so my spike would be on Sunday. In my case I will get 2 days of a smiley then the third day it will be an open circle again and that is the day that I ovulate. Also, even if I have a temp spike, the first few days after ovulation hover right around the baseline. It sounds to me like your timeline is accurate but you won't know for sure for another few days.

You do not need to keep testing after your positive OPK but I did for a long time until I knew my cycles inside and out.

Good luck!

Thanks, I think I should have kept testing, just to be sure. I just hated the idea of using the digitals any more than I needed because they are so expensive. And I use the cheap ones too, but they are really hard to read so I use them until I start to get lines and then I start using Digitals.

I am wondering if maybe if I had testing Fri I would have had another smiley (I've seen some people say they get the smiley for 2 days in a row?) and then I would be on track to not have the temp spike yet.

Thanks for the advice. I'll just keep waiting. :wacko:

Was it a flashing or solid smiley? If it was flashing it could have took another few days to ovulate and your temp hasnt gone up yet. Your body could also have been getting ready to ovulate which would give a +opk and then for whatever reason perhaps you didn't ovulate yet.

Was it a flashing or solid smiley? If it was flashing it could have took another few days to ovulate and your temp hasnt gone ip yet. Your body could also have been getting ready to ovulate which would give a +opk and then for whatever reason perhaps you didn't ovulate yet.

I'm not using the Advanced, just the standard so there's only 1 kind of smiley. My options are solid smiley or circle

You got the + on Thursday so should have ovulated Friday or sat .. Has your temp shifted at all today? If not I would continue testing in case u haven't ovulated yet x

You got the + on Thursday so should have ovulated Friday or sat .. Has your temp shifted at all today? If not I would continue testing in case u haven't ovulated yet x

I tested yesterday again just to check (wish I had kept testing fri and sat) and it was a definitely neg. circle for the digi and not even a test line for the cheap stick (I usually have a few days of faint test lines before and after O).

Today my temp shifted up by 0.5 and is just above my highest temp (minus 2 that I've thrown out). So maybe This is finally the shift. Seems a little late though.

If temp shifted today (And stays up) does that mean my O was definitely yesterday?

Sometimes a persons temperature can take a bit longer to go up after ovulation so it's not a definite that u ovulated yesterday .. It could have been before that although fertility friend will put you down as ovulating yesterday. If your temperature shifts n stays higher for 3 days that means u have ovulated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->