OPK Confusion! Please help

KateisTTC

Reaction score
I've started using OPKs this month, and I have been told that the positive line needs to be as dark if not more so than the control line....ok fine however if the line is slightly lighter does that mean you are ovulating and the surge just isn't strong enough yet? So in a few days you will ovulate, because when you are not ovulating you won't get any line right?

So the faint line must mean something?

I've confused myself! Please help!!

I'm new to OPK also but I always have 2 lines no matter where I am in my cycle, this is normal for many people.
It could mean that you will O soon, it could just mean you haven't drank as much as normal etc it's hard to say..
I personally don't read into them and only class then as + if dark as or darker than the control line

The idea with OPKs is that they are only positive when both lines are the same darkness (Or the test is darker than the control, like you said) Everything else is negative. Sometimes, you can see a transition and see them get darker leading up to ovulation. Not always though. That's something that you'll figure out after a few months of using them. In general though, LH is ALWAYS in your system so OPKs will almost always read it.

I would also suggest temping as that is the only true way to confirm exactly when ovulation happened.

Also, remember that OPKs are positive 12-48 hours BEFORE ovulation and do not mark your actual O day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->