OPK Confusion

sunshine523

Reaction score
This is my first month trying to use OPK's. I had a positive at 1:00 pm on 3/22 and then at 5:00 pm I took another and it was negative. I figured I would keep using them since I bought a 20 pack and they are only good for 30 days. So Saturday morning (3/26) when I took it, it was positive, and I took nother at 11:00 am that same day and it was positive again. I'm so confused. The positives on 3/26 do make more sense since I had EWCM that day and alsoon Sunday. Anyone have this happen to them??

wot brand were these ?first responce?

Yes First Response. Oh, and when I got home from work yesterday, around4 pm, I took my last one and sure enough it was positive again! Not as dark as the others, but still darker than the ref line.

I would go by what your body is telling you with the ewcm, sometimes you can get a positive one day as your body gears up to ovulate (which would be your 1:00 pm test on 3/22) and then for whatever reason, you don't ovulate following that surge so your LH will decrease (giving you the negative OPK on 3/22 at 5pm), and then at a later date your LH will rise again, which gives you another positive OPK (your 3/26 tests) as your body gears up once again to ovulate...in other words, I would listen to your body and go with the most recent positive you got since you had ewcm :thumbup:

GL hun, keep us posted :hugs:

i think there a rip off saying to use them everyday , ive had a few given this mth and had a pos very nearly yday cd6 !! but i chart and i know im not O yet , the best opk are cheapies on amazonx

I definitely did not expect them to be as confusing. Does anyone know the normal length of the LH Surge? So I have had positives Sat, Sun and Mon. I feel like I should go buy another box just to see if it's positive again today....:shrug:

This is what I've found in regards to several days of positive OPKs...It is possible, in a normal ovulation, to have a positive OPK for several days in a row. This is because LH peaks (surges) about 12-36 hours before ovulation occurs, and then dissipates. So, you could theoretically detect this high level of LH with positive OPK's from the time it begins to the time it dissipates-- over 36 hours.

It is also possible that your body is "gearing up" to ovulate, and you have an LH surge-- and then, for some reason (such as stress, illness, travel, or random fluke), your body fails to release an egg . . . then tries, tries again ASAP with another, or overlapping, surge. If you see a positive OPK for longer than 3 consecutive days, your egg is probably just having a little trouble getting out of the starting gate. If this happens to you occasionally, it's no big deal. If it happens a lot, talk to your doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->