OPK for dummies....

lilyannabella

Reaction score
So I will soon start my first round of clomid I have never used an OPK and I see how you it can drive you ladies crazy which freaks me out:wacko:. So what's the best brand to use? What time of day should I use it? Any pointers will be great.

Ann

So I will soon start my first round of clomid I have never used an OPK and I see how you it can drive you ladies crazy which freaks me out:wacko:. So what's the best brand to use? What time of day should I use it? Any pointers will be great.

Ann

Ann, just follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

The majority of OPKs say not to use first morning urine [FMU] but some tests [like the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor] require FMU to work...

The OPK will detect the same way that an HPT does, as far as using FMU because just like hCG, LH is more concentrated in your urine when you first wake up.

I always test right before bed...that way when I get a positive, I can get some goodnight boom boom right away! lmao.

I have used a few different brands but I seem to get the same result so if I were you I would go with the cheapest you can find. As for testing I test at about 1 in the afternoon. From reading a bunch a websites (and seeing about a hundred different answers) I found that the majority of them say it is best to test in the afternoon. Make sure you hold in your urine for at least 3 hours and limit your fluid intake during that time so your urine is concentrated. Also at least for your first cycle you might want to keep your tests (at least once they start getting dark) because sometimes you think you have a positive but the next day it is even darker so it is good to have to compare. Good luck.

I've used a few different kinds, but the ones on Amazon "wondo" work great for me and they are super cheap. I'm kind of obsessed with POAS so one I get close to my O time I do 3 a day!:haha: Morning, afternoon, and night. If you can't do that many then either time is probably ok. I've caught my surge at all times so I don't think it really matters. Just be careful because if you have a short surge and you don't test until the following morning you could miss it. That's why I take a few a day, but my surge is usually longer so...i just do it for fun too! :blush:

Thanks ladies! I think I get it now. I'll have no idea when I'm gonna ovulate so I guess I should do it more than once a day when I see any changes.. I heard about a saliva test as well...is it any good?

I've never heard of a saliva test but I am not super hard core at ttc yet. You might want to test twice a day but for me it wasn't a big deal because I have a long surge but you'll firgure that out after this month what you need to do for you.

if you don't mind the expense and you really want opks for dummies, i'd suggest either the cb digital smilies or the cbfm because nothing is left up to interpretation of a line. you get a clear symbol to indicate a positive.

I've heard of salvia test, but I don't know much about them. Not sure how much they cost either. The more you experiment the better you will become at knowing when you are ovlated or when you expect too :)

It took me a few months, but once I started charting....I felt like a pro!!!:blush:

if you don't mind the expense and you really want opks for dummies, i'd suggest either the cb digital smilies or the cbfm because nothing is left up to interpretation of a line. you get a clear symbol to indicate a positive.

I think Im definitely gonna try the cb digital.. I see how interpreting that line drives some ladies crazy. I have to be on point with these test because I'm an army wife and so being time might be limited.

I've heard of salvia test, but I don't know much about them. Not sure how much they cost either. The more you experiment the better you will become at knowing when you are ovlated or when you expect too :)

It took me a few months, but once I started charting....I felt like a pro!!!:blush:

Well I guess I'll ask you to for help interpreting once I start OPK pro:happydance:

yeah, with limited time windows, i'm sure you want something very clear and accurate. good luck!!!

Well I guess I'll ask you to for help interpreting once I start OPK pro:happydance:

Ask away! haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->