OPK Help Please

Webbykinskt

Reaction score
I'm going insane. Sorry for the long post, but I need help.
Here's a quick background... I'm now on CD 130. I stopped taking the pill on the 23rd March and no AF since. Only had spotting. I had a faint bfp on a HPT on the 16th April but Dr can't 100% confirm whether it was a chemical or faulty test.

Now, I've been using OPKs since the 6th July just to try and work out where I am in my cycle. Whether AF is anywhere near or not. Every single one has had a faint line and I presumed that they would have got darker if I was ovulating soon or blank if I was no-where near it. So how can I have had 24 faint (but totally obvious) lines on OPKs with hardly any progression at all??

Also, I found ones I did with FMU were considerably darker than my afternoon ones (even when I held pee for 4 hours, no excessive liquids etc). I know they can detect HCG but I'm pretty sure I haven't ovulated to get pregnant... do you think it's worth doing a HPT??

Many thanks...

You should try temping with your OPKs it may help pinpoint ovulation for you. Also, I ALWAYS have a second line on OPKs regardless of where I am in my cycle (even on AF). So, you can't really count that as anything. If you are feeling symptomatic and think you may have ovulated sometime in July I'd say try a HPT. It's not going to hurt anything.

I can't really temp because we're not technically TTC at the moment. It's merely NTNP until AF turns up... But I feel better that it's not just me. Thanks x

It's definitely worth doing a HPT just to rule out pregnancy - you said you got a faint BFP, did you test again any time after that?

If you're not pregnant then you should go to the docs about not having AF since stopping the pill as they might need to look into it and give you something to start AF again. It's worth getting checked out just to make sure everything is OK. :) Good luck!

I did a HPT yesterday. BFN. That faint line was back in April and I had bloods after that which were BFN too. I will be pushing for testing when I go back today. Thanks ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->