+OPK, mid-cycle spotting, no thermal shift

Cmomma

Reaction score
Hello ladies. I've been reading for months, but rarely post. I have a tricky question this time and am hoping that someone has an answer.
I am on CD 17, usually O on CD12 or 13. I had +OPK on CD 12 and 13 (though using Answer dip tests, and after reading reviews I wish I never bought them!). I usually see the temp rise the day after and sometimes even day of +OPK . This cycle, I am now 4 or 5 days passed +OPK and still haven't seen a thermal shift. I am on progesterone and don't know if I should take it. I don't want to prevent O if it hasn't already happened, but I don't want to not take it and possibly interfere with implantation. Here's the weirdest part. I started spotting on day 15 and it has continued day 16 and 17..not even enough for a liner, just when I wipe. I have never, ever had mid-cycle spotting. So I called my doc to see if I should start prg and she just said come in day 21 to see if prg is absorbing correctly. So not helpful. If I take it and it is in my system, she won't be able to tell I didn't O, right? How will that answer my questions? Any advice? Ideas why the spotting?

positive OPK just means you got LH surge, with no temp shift it's quite difficult to say whether you actually O, maybe not. I would probably not take progesterone this cycle so you could do 21 day blood and confirm one way or the other. spotting is a tricky question, if you'd had temp shift, I'd say possible ovulation or even implantation spotting (I never had it myself but quite a few people here seem to have), without temp shift, I do not really know what it could be. continue tempting and BD, maybe your O is being delayed for some reason

Thanks. I decided not to take the progesterone, so I can get better answers from the day 21 test. Today is day 18 and I'm still spotting and now some cramping. My thought at first was also ovulation spotting, but I was confused since I hadn't seen a thermal shift. I have had implantation spotting twice, but I really thought it was too early for that. Does anyone know if it is at all possible to ovulate and NOT EVER see temp rise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->