+ Opk on cd 25?? Please Help

skeet9924

Pregnant- 3rd trimester
Reaction score
I have a question for you ladies...I am currently on cd 25...my af usually shows up between cd 29-30...last month it was cd 32. I don't normally use opks but I had a blob of clear jello like cm on my tp when I wiped last night. A few people mentioned I might be ovulating so I did an OPk today and it was ++..... Is this rare to get a + OPK 5 days before af??? I did think I was already around 8 dpo ( but I dont temp or anything just usually count back 14 days from af due date) Does this mean I have a defective luteal phase?

I can't give you the info you're looking for, because I'm still confused, but I can tell you that I had a similar situation.

I'm normally on a 35 day cycle and got a +opk right on time at CD18. However, my period started on CD27. This means I either caught a crazy LH surge that wasn't really ovulation or I had an eight-day LP. Neither of these is something I've experienced since TTC.

It's frustrating when you're body isn't doing what it's "supposed" to be doing. I hope this was just a fluke for you and next month's cycle is better!

Oh, one last thought... sometimes stress makes you ovulate later, so you might not start on CD 29 or 30 like you expect. Be sure to update us in about a week!

positive OPK can also be an indication of pregnancy.. you should just take an hpt & see if it's positive.. If not, it might be a good idea to get to bed :sex: because your body could have failed to O earlier in your cycle & you could just now be O'ing

Since without temping you can't really be sure ovulation took place, it's instead more likely given your cm signs and pos opk that you are about to ovulate. Your body may have tried at it's 'normal' CD range mid-cycle, but for any number of reasons did not.

On the other hand it is possible to have fertile cm after O, as well as to have post-Ov pos opks, but I just feel that scenario is more rare.

I would BD and try to cover your bases and give yourself another two weeks waiting for your AF. Good luck!

Thanks so much ladies!! I'll bd tonight and hope I catch the egg if it's there!! I'll keep you ladies posted!!

Sorry to bother you ladies.. But I got the + opk yesterday then it was neg today.. Only a faint 2nd line.. If I bd tonight would I have missed it? I didn't do an hpt today I'll wait until tomorrow morning

OPKs predict O, so you should O 12-36 hrs after your positive.. you're most likely O'ing today.. get to :sex:! :)

It's either pregnancy, or you're just now ovulating. If you get AF before 10 days then you may have a LPD. If that does happen, I recommend charting next cycle to see what is going on. Wish you the best, lots of sticky baby dust :hugs: xx

Thanks so much for the help ladies!!!! I love how supportive you all are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->