OPK pos, then neg and now ewcm??

curly123

Mummy of 1!
Reaction score
Hi, quick question if anyone can help or has had this before:

I had a positive opk on cd15 and a neg on cd16, then for the last 2 days I have had ewcm. I am now confused about when/if I have ovulated. What do you think I should go by? opk or ewcm? (my cycles vary each month 27-34 days so ov day isn't the same every month and this is my 1st month ttc no.2)

Thanks ladies :flower:

Hi hun,
I'm not an expert at all, but I think that the OPKs just show that your body is getting ready to O and they don't confirm that O has happened. If it were me, I'd go by the ewcm and not by the OPK. My cycle varies from 25-31days too - I'll be using the CB digital OPKs from next month and just dtd every day around the smiley to give us the best chance.

Good luck and babydust!

Hi Mrs HM, thank you for your advice I've been confused! I used the smiley face opk too... still had a bit of ewcm today although not a lot so I think it'll be the last day. So weird though, so if the opk predicts the surge up to 48 hours before you ov, perhaps it just took me a bit longer to ov this month after the surge?
We're BDing again tonight to be on the 'safe side' :haha:
x

I confirmed O with OPK, EWCM and temps this cycle but got loads more EWCM 3DPO, not sure what that was about! I also read you can get it half way through the 2ww from a secondary estrogen surge.

Sorry that doesn't help clear it up as it could mean you have O'd or you got ready to O but didn't, maybe BD anyway in case! Maybe you could try temping next time if you feel like it to confirm :)

pinkpolkadot - thank you for sharing that, it's made me feel a little easier! Hmm, will still bd in case :winkwink:

I have never heard of the 2nd surge, interesting, although who knows this month.

When we tried for our 1st baby I starting temping - It made me feel stressed so I'm not going to do it this time - thanks for the suggestion :thumbup:

I did have ov pain on the day of the pos opk so I feel like i def did Ov... let's see in a couple of weeks! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->