opk question

itsnowmyturn

Reaction score
Hi all, I got my first pos opl todsy so I have a few questions.

yesterday i got a dark but not pos opk however it was a short hold and prob diluted and not much pee so not ideal opk testing. this morning i teted with fmu and its pos.

with it being fmu does that mean my surge started yesterday? I no lh doesnt show in fmu usually.

Next question is how will I no when I o? Is it just 12-36 hours after first pos or is it when they go lighter and fade?

I also forgot to say that yesterday I had horrendous ovulation pains which are gone today and yesterday cm was a lot drier than days before.

When do lh levels drop? Is it immedietly after o or do they take a day or two to fall?

Sorry so many questions I'm just curious x

I would usually ovulate 12-24 hours after my last positive opk. But I would get a few positive patches and my cycles were long sometimes. I finally got so frustrated because my signs didn't ever seem to align (opk, cm, ov cramps) that I started temping so I'd know for sure. It sounds like you probably I'd last night but there's no way to know for sure unfortunately.

Btw I would sometimes get positive test in the morning so I don't think it's that uncommon. I buy wondfo test because they're so cheap I can poas in the morning and evening and be sure I didn't miss it. When in doubt keep bd'ing if your able or better yet start charting your bbt and it will take the guess work out of it entirely! Good luck and baby dust to you!

I do temps as well, was still low this morning so I'm assuming maybe not yesterday, tests arent pos anymore only the one this morning but i cant do the long hold and not drinking so I prob have diluted urine.

Hoping to see a higher bbt tomorrow so I no it was today, we bd on Sat n won't for a while oh is too busy with job search n interviews atm so hopefully sat will have been a good batch lol

Thanks for ur reply I appreciate it x

I do temps as well, was still low this morning so I'm assuming maybe not yesterday, tests arent pos anymore only the one this morning but i cant do the long hold and not drinking so I prob have diluted urine.

Hoping to see a higher bbt tomorrow so I no it was today, we bd on Sat n won't for a while oh is too busy with job search n interviews atm so hopefully sat will have been a good batch lol

Thanks for ur reply I appreciate it x

Of course hope it helped. Are your cycles usually regular? It was the strangest this when I started ttc my cycles got very irregular. If your temps are still low you probably haven't ovulated or you did right after you took your bbt this morning like you said. The good news is that the spermies live for a few days so you should still have a good chance.

I'm only on my second cycle and it wad after I finished zoladex so hormones all out of whack so I have no idea what my cycle is normally like. It's fun to learn but frustrating lol.

What cycle r u on now? X

I'm only on my second cycle and it wad after I finished zoladex so hormones all out of whack so I have no idea what my cycle is normally like. It's fun to learn but frustrating lol.

What cycle r u on now? X

I am actually 11 weeks or so pregnant now after 3+ years trying but it took a year of trying different things to get my cycle regulated. It was all messed up when I first started trying...sometimes 4 weeks just to ovulate and only a 8-9 day luteal phase so we lost a few babies on the way. One thing's for sure I wouldn't have ever figured out what was wrong on my own had I not charted my temps. If you want to know more about what I treid and what worked pm me. The short and sweet version is I charted, used vitex to regulate and ovulate normally, and then progesterone cream to fix luteal phase issue.

Good luck and baby dust to you!

Omg congrats. Bet ur so pleased.

I looked again n Mondays wasn't quite pos, yesterdays however with second urine def was!!

Do u o when ur opks fade or do they fade after u o? I think I'm out this month, badly timed bd x

Omg congrats. Bet ur so pleased.

I looked again n Mondays wasn't quite pos, yesterdays however with second urine def was!!

Do u o when ur opks fade or do they fade after u o? I think I'm out this month, badly timed bd x

The best way to think of it (because you may get more than one positive on some occasions) is that you will ovulate 12-48 hours after your strongest positive opk. Sometimes for me mine had faded and sometimes they were still almost positive when that happened...if depended on my lh surge. My temps would confirm when it happened and until they did we kept Bd'ing. Best to keep trying until o is confirmed!

I'm seriously confuggled lol. who wud have thought TTC was so complicated lol.

So cramps Sunday, borderline pos with fmu Monday, def pos with smu Tuesday, borderline pos with smu today.

I had ewcm cd11 to 17 and 17 was borderline. I'm cd19 today and only sticky cm.

We bd Saturday anf today.

The most annoying thing is I take temp every morning and because I don't turn light on I dont check it until after work, went to check it and got distracted so by the time I looked it was gone so I don't no if its up or not. Does it only show as raised in the morning or is it like it all day?

Thank u for helping me I appreciate it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->