OPK question

JessicaMarie

Pregnant!
Reaction score
So, before anyone asks- I am NOT temping! I am somewhere between NTNP and TTC. I use OPKs and we do what we can with that, but that's it. So here is my situation-

Tuesday- BDed
Wed- Positive OPK day 1- no BDing
Thursday- Positive OPK day 2- BDed
Friday- Positive OPK day3, but a teensy bit lighter, but still pretty dark

How big of a deal is it if we BD today?? My husband worked sooo much and is sooo tired, so I dont know if I should really push it. I want to make sure we BD enough though and not too early, so what do you ladies think? Should I put on the moves tonight or let him get his rest??

So, before anyone asks- I am NOT temping! I am somewhere between NTNP and TTC. I use OPKs and we do what we can with that, but that's it. So here is my situation-

Tuesday- BDed
Wed- Positive OPK day 1- no BDing
Thursday- Positive OPK day 2- BDed
Friday- Positive OPK day3, but a teensy bit lighter, but still pretty dark

How big of a deal is it if we BD today?? My husband worked sooo much and is sooo tired, so I dont know if I should really push it. I want to make sure we BD enough though and not too early, so what do you ladies think? Should I put on the moves tonight or let him get his rest??

I'd say you should still BD. I know it's tiring but it's recommended. :-/

I agree with CrystalJMM :thumbup:

Also I have my positive OPK this morning but they are negative now.. Do you have to have 3-4 positive tests in one day to be ovulating? I test twice today but 12 hours apart is that took long? :shrug:

I agree with CrystalJMM :thumbup:

Also I have my positive OPK this morning but they are negative now.. Do you have to have 3-4 positive tests in one day to be ovulating? I test twice today but 12 hours apart is that took long? :shrug:

Did you have a positive one yesterday too? I wouldnt worry about only have one...from what I've read, that is more typical than having several positives, which is why they recommend testing at least twice a day- bc it is so easy to miss it otherwise!

Sorry to butt into you topic I were just reading and it related to what is going thorough my head right now. I cant get over it its my first ever positive! :blush:

I must of been lucky to catch the surge then because I have only been testing once a day! :dohh:

CD-9-14 were all negative I only took one every morning and this morning CD15 was positive. Then I went to work and when I came home and did another test (which was nearly 12 hours apart as I were just curious) Its negative again :shrug:

All day had cramping on and off and aches in breast though im confused im praying my metformin is working, its regulated my cycles again. Are you saying that only having a positive for one day is better then keep getting positive for three or four days in a row im confused :shrug:

It should look like the Control Line to be a pos and you should get It 3 Days on the run thats when your ovulating i get 3 Good ones in a row fx we all get Good opks x x

It should look like the Control Line to be a pos and you should get It 3 Days on the run thats when your ovulating i get 3 Good ones in a row fx we all get Good opks x x

If you get 3 days of positives, what day do you typically ovulate in relation to those three days? I think I ovulated today- would that make sense for today to be day 3 of + opks then?

Sorry to butt into you topic I were just reading and it related to what is going thorough my head right now. I cant get over it its my first ever positive! :blush:

I must of been lucky to catch the surge then because I have only been testing once a day! :dohh:

CD-9-14 were all negative I only took one every morning and this morning CD15 was positive. Then I went to work and when I came home and did another test (which was nearly 12 hours apart as I were just curious) Its negative again :shrug:

All day had cramping on and off and aches in breast though im confused im praying my metformin is working, its regulated my cycles again. Are you saying that only having a positive for one day is better then keep getting positive for three or four days in a row im confused :shrug:

I dont think it is better or worse, I think it is just typical. If this isnt your cycle (hopefully it is and this bit of advice is not needed) but I have also read that it is better to test once in the afternoon (noon-2pm) and then again later at night. Someone might answer better as to WHY but Ive read it enough to just take the advice!

Also, I got my first positive OPK last month, and when I showed it to my husband (who is always in the mood) he totally couldnt get into it that night and we ended up not BDing because he said it was too much pressure. No idea what your situation is, but I figured I would pass on that advice too!! haha

Well maybe this morning I just caught the end of my lh surge then :shrug:

And my OH is not to bad he been working all day and we have managed to bed tonight (just) sorry tmi. And I'm always on the bottom and after bedding I put a pillow under my hips but it feels like his sperm coming out how do you keep it inside you or does some of it stay inside? Sorry tmi again:blush:

I wouldnt worry about any coming out- there are 250 million sperm in there, and those deposited deep enough are all trying to find their way! To be honest, when we concieved my 2nd daughter, my husband pulled out (without really intending to finish when he did) and in my head, I was like great, we definitely did not concieve..we only had one shot (due to our schedules) and we totally blew it this month- 9 days later, I got a BFP! So yeah, totally wouldnt worry about anything coming out!!!

If you get 3 days of positives, what day do you typically ovulate in relation to those three days? I think I ovulated today- would that make sense for today to be day 3 of + opks then?

Ye hun just keep testing till the line fades thats what i do hun x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->