Opk question

SGP517

Reaction score
So I know that for it to be a positive it has to be as dark or darker than the control but every month the day or two leading up to O day I get faint lines- do those lines mean anything? It just confuses me because I only start getting the faint lines a few days before o, I never see them any other days.

Factors that can influence your results are not holding urine long enough. It must be at least 3 hrs+. Drinking lots of fluids. If you drink a lot of fluids it can dilute your urine. For the people who drink a lot during the day use FMU. HTH:)

It doesn't really mean much, just that there's a small detectable amount of LH. Some have a small amount all cycle (like me) and always get a faint line unless I'm surging. Some will get a fade in pattern, which sounds like you do if you only get a faint line around O

Unfortunately the he faint lines don't mean anything. I have similar experience this month when I ovulated. I tested every day for four days leading up to my expected ovulation date, but I only saw faint lines. I was quite upset because I thought I didn't ovulate. It was only via my bbt chart that I confirmed ovulation. Sometimes the LH surge lasts only a few hours and it's easy to miss if you only test once a day. Also, if you are testing by peeing into a cup, you have to hold the tester vertically for at least 20 seconds.

Hope this helps! :happydance:

Thanks ladies. I was just confused bc I only get those faint lines right before I o so I thought maybe there was some correlation.

I only get light lines a few days before O, and i've come to recognize them as faint signs of LH. Essentially it doesn't mean + but I take it to mean that I'm coming up on O. I spent several cycles testing every day to try to get a feel for when I O because I don't O at normal time (long cycles with short LP), and I found that I would have several days of light lines that slowly darken up to +OPK.

Also, make sure as was mentioned before to have a hold of 3-4 hours. I stop drinking anything except minimal dirnks for about 3 hours before I plan to test (typically I use the restroom around 1pm when I get off work, and stop drinking water except little bits until I test around 4pm).

I only get light lines a few days before O, and i've come to recognize them as faint signs of LH. Essentially it doesn't mean + but I take it to mean that I'm coming up on O. I spent several cycles testing every day to try to get a feel for when I O because I don't O at normal time (long cycles with short LP), and I found that I would have several days of light lines that slowly darken up to +OPK.

Also, make sure as was mentioned before to have a hold of 3-4 hours. I stop drinking anything except minimal dirnks for about 3 hours before I plan to test (typically I use the restroom around 1pm when I get off work, and stop drinking water except little bits until I test around 4pm).

Thanks! So you think the light lines are like the work up to o? I have heard it's not and they don't mean anything but it is weird I only get them the couple days before o.

Thanks! So you think the light lines are like the work up to o? I have heard it's not and they don't mean anything but it is weird I only get them the couple days before o.

That's exactly what I think. My thoughts are: the advanced digi says it will give you a low (negative) high and peak reading. High means more LH but not the full surge. the digi does it by reading the LH in your urine. I think the cheap sticks can be read similarly, the test line darkens as more LH and then reaches the point of being darker than control.

Since I stopped bc in February I have tested every dat sometimes twice a day just to try to figure out my body. The line pattern for me was consistent every time. Pure white, then slowly very faint lines came then slowly darkening over the course of several days until positive.

I use those lines to know when to start using the digi so I don't waste them. I use cheap until I start getting good light lines but not + then I use digi or both to confirm. It's a little obsessive but I have longer cycles (36ish days) and missing one means another 5 weeks. That's a long time. :)

That's exactly what I think. My thoughts are: the advanced digi says it will give you a low (negative) high and peak reading. High means more LH but not the full surge. the digi does it by reading the LH in your urine. I think the cheap sticks can be read similarly, the test line darkens as more LH and then reaches the point of being darker than control.

Since I stopped bc in February I have tested every dat sometimes twice a day just to try to figure out my body. The line pattern for me was consistent every time. Pure white, then slowly very faint lines came then slowly darkening over the course of several days until positive.

I use those lines to know when to start using the digi so I don't waste them. I use cheap until I start getting good light lines but not + then I use digi or both to confirm. It's a little obsessive but I have longer cycles (36ish days) and missing one means another 5 weeks. That's a long time. :)

That's not correct. The high reading picks up estrogen which surges before LH. That's why it's called a dual hormone test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->