opk question

BeautifulD

Mum to 3 and TTC #4
Reaction score
I had a early mc on the 12th and i was wondering if it would be wise to be using opks yet? I did one yesterday and no line one today and got a line not positive though just wondering if i would be better of waiting till af?

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I was told that opks aren't reliable on your mc cycle, but I used them anyway, and my surge corresponded with my temps and other ovulation signs. I didn't get pregnant on that cycle, but it was a small source of comfort to know that my body was sorting itself out. Looking back, I probably should have taken it easy that first month because I was completely devastated when my first AF showed up, but that's just my experience. Do whatever you feel comfortable doing, but make sure that you make grieving properly and taking care of yourself your number one priority.

All the best sweetie :hugs:

Yes they arent very reliable straight after mc your better waiting till after 1 AF :) x

Hi
Sorry for your loss

I tried using opk's after my mc but only got faint line never got a strong positive, not actually sure if I ov'd. I got a good positive this month and currently 6 dpo - ignnore ticker as I ov'd early so best test earlier than normal when it come to your 1st proper cycle :thumbup:

Good luck and lots of :dust:

Hi there, sorry for your loss. I have had 2 early miscarriages in a row as you can see from my tickers, after my first m/c i started testing with ovulation tests from around cd 13 (counting the 1st day of miscarriage bleeding as day1 of my new cycle) and got a positive test on cd 16 and strong ovulation pains, so i ovulated as normal we :sex: on cd 14,15 and 16 and i fell pregnant again. Unfortunately i miscarried again , i am now on cd 16 and have almost got a 2nd line on my ovulation test and am getting ov pains so i think i will get a positive tomorrow. I would say keep testing, i know doctors say its not reliable after a miscarriage but i know they were right for me i know my body very well.

I had a m/c 5 weeks ago and got AF 4 weeks later, I used OPK's all cycle and did not ovulate. If your TTC I would just BD as much as possible and forget using opk's for this cycle.xx

It's just that you can't trust them post mc - some folks do go straight back to normal but a lot don't and you don't know for sure which you are. Like others say jusy bd as much as you can ( every other day is a good idea if you can ).

hx

can i just ask, why are opks not reliable on your mc cycle? do they not work or is it just because you may not ov? :shrug:

I don't understand why they wouldn't work. When you OV you release a hormone that the OPK picks up. The only reason they wouldn't be positive is because there is no hormone. SO it's a case of not ovulating, not the OPK's just not working in a post MC cycle. They are working, they are showing that you are not Ovulating! =)

can i just ask, why are opks not reliable on your mc cycle? do they not work or is it just because you may not ov? :shrug:

Post mc your hormones can be a little wonky - so you can get LH hormone being released when you aren't ov - so can get false positives on your opk ( or temp rises when temping ) when you aren't actually ov-ing, hence opk being unreliable post mc.

In a normal cycle the estrogen hormone rises after af and then peaks which triggers the LH surge which in turn triggers ov but this can be messed up after a mc - some folks aren't really impacted but equally some are, some don't actually ov that first cycle.

It's so hard when all you want are some definates after going through the devastation of a mc.

hx

Hi BeautifulD, first of all sorry for your loss. :hugs: Also, I am wondering the same thing as you. I had a mc at 7.5 weeks on Aug 14. On Aug 16 my HCG level was 85. My spotting stopped on the 18th and my HCG levels were down to 29 on the 19th. So I am hoping they are down to 5 or less at this point. I have OPK's waiting to be used but I am still not sure whether or not to use them this month. I am thinking it's worth a try. If you had an early MC with no complications then your body might ov before your first AF. My doctor told me that because I had no complications there is no reason to hold off on TTC again.

Good luck to you and let's hope we get our :bfp:'s soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->