OPK Question??

Criosaidh

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I went and spent £20 I don't really have on a Clear Blue Ovulation kit. :blush:

I have to ask though, what do people think -

My D&C was on the 16th, so I'm using that as my LMP. I think I'd be best testing from tomorrow morning up to the 3rd - Normally the 30th would be my OV date?

I know it's a bit of a hash, but at least I feel like I'm doing something and I have the excitement to keep me going. :thumbup:

Any advice/comments gratefully recieved. :flower:

C X x X

Ok, well it sure is quiet out there... :comp:

Just been to the bathroom and ahem, seem to have seriously good amounts of EWCM. Checked online and I should have that for 5 days(ish) around OV? Might be earlier than I thought. Will still start testing tomorrow, please wish me luck and sticky-bean-dust!

Here's some for all of you lovely ladies:

:dust::bfp::dust::bfp::dust:

Hey Croisaidh,
I had a D&C on 5th Aug and Ov'd nearly 3 weeks later, later than usual but I was expecting things to be a wee bit off. Good luck!!! Is it the digital (smiley face) one you're using? At least with those there's no stress over what is and isn't a positive result :dohh:

Sending you baby dust and hope you're feeling ok

:dust::dust::dust:

Hey honey,

Thanks for your response.

Fraid I couldn't stretch to the digi's - seriously brassic this month with Xmas and everything.

Sorry to ask, but was your D&C for an MMC or....?

C x x x

I wasnt sure when to test,I started bleeding on the 9th but the baby didnt come until the 12th...Iworked out ov from the 20-25th but I think I am now which is late..yours is early,what did the opk say??mine all said neg but they did that last time too and I conceived.....
goodluck!

Haven't checked yet - was planning to start tomorrow morning.

Will be :sex: like it's going out of fashion tonight though! Ahem... EWCM not to be wasted. :blush:

Yep mine was for a MMC as well, cycle kind of went back to normal almost straight way which was a real relief :happydance::happydance:

I know the kits are so expensive!!! I cheated a bit, bought the digital kit as well as a pile of internet cheapies and used the cheap ones first, if there was any hint of a line then I did the digi to make sure. Safe to say I took no chances :thumbup:

Got BPF in Oct so between the OPK's and SMEP things seemed to work :happydance:

Keeping FX for you xx

I use IC and BBT, if there is a faint line I take it that ovulation is approaching and :sex: like mad :haha: Then just use BBT to confirm it.

I have had EWCM all week and nothing so far, hope yours is actual ovulation related!

Good Luck x

Grrrrr! Tested three times now, getting really confusing results. The first two have very faint lines next to the check-line thing. Tested again this morning and no other line at all? :shrug:

I know it takes a while to get back into a rhythm after a mc, but what gives? Could my ov have already happened?

Take a pregnancy test. I was testing every few days after mmc and I didn't get a negative until almost 3 weeks after it had happened.

Once I finally got my negative I started using OPK, I still get the occasional faint line but unless it is as dark (or almost) as the control line it isn't a positive. Don't use morning urine because the ovulation hormone isn't accumulated until the afternoon. Any time between 2pm and 8pm is supposed to be best.

Good Luck :hugs:

Thankyou Hun! :hugs: Really appreciate the advice.

I got a near negative result 2 days before my D&C, I can't help but wonder whether I ov'd already? :shrug:

That's a good tip about morning testing though - that's what I did yesterday when I got my total negative.

Argh! :brat: Just want to be pregnant again! Taking metformin, B-vits, Omega 3, still taking my Pregnacare.:juggle: Drinking grapefruit juice, not smoking, not drinking because I'm on Met and can't! Jumping OH every morning (not that I mind... :blush:) And now I'm worried that all this stressing will be working against us! :headspin:

The way I am dealing with not going totally over board is by telling myself if I fall pregnant before my first :witch: then :happydance: but if I don't then it surely can't be a bad idea to have a cycle and now I have a nice fresh lining and that my body is back on track hormone wise.

It is hard and all of us want nothing more then to feel the true symptoms of pregnancy. We have been robbed of our hopes and dreams and it is one of the hardest things to get over. Although I hated hearing it when it actually happened I am now taking comfort in the fact that I now know I can fall pregnant but am an absolute wreck wondering if I too am going to be one of those poor women who have multiple miscarriages.

I got a positive on the opk! I tested when you said to and got a positive! Whoop! OH will think his birthday came, lol. :haha:

Go grapefruit juice!

Oh please oh please, catch the egg little spermsys! [-o<:haha:

hi
you may've already ov'd, and only got a faint line because you missed your LH surge - i think it can peak and subside quickly so the time of day can make a difference. maybe keep testing while you have the ewcm though! did u get a neg hpt before you started opks? just wondering as hcg is similar to LH and that couldve caused your faint line - dont take that as gospel though as im no expert at all lol!

i had d and c last monday and plan to start using opks as soon as the bleeding stops (still spotting at the mo grrr). ive also bought clearblue fertilty monitor (shouldnt have - im also broke!) but it says not to use it for two cycles after mc in case of misleading results, which im annoyed about!

Loads of luck for your sticky bfp xx

Thanks girls. Hoping this is right, although to be honest we are, Er, fairly active - have BD'd every day pretty much since the bleeding from D&C stopped. So hopefully we'll catch that eggy just as long as it does "hatch" this cycle! [-o<

You know, they say there are no Aetheists in a lifeboat - I severely doubt there are any TTCers who dont say a silent prayer at some point either!

I did a PT today - completely negative, not a sausage. Felt horrible being pleased about it though, I really miss my positive tests.

Thanks for the advice and support ladies, it means a lot. X x X

Hey,

I just wanted to wish you every luck in the world, I read through your comments and just completely get the whole wanting to know where you are.

I had a MMC on the 1st, only just got my BFN on Friday and have no clue from my OPKs when my big smiley face is coming, keep wandering if I have missed it - but then reading your threads has made me feel so damn positive that I hope and pray that my time is yet to come ( boy oh boy will the DH be pleased :winkwink: )

Anyway do keep me posted how you get on

Sx :hugs:

Hey chickadee, any developments? Been off site for this week and having been itching to know! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->