OPK questions

Savasanna

Reaction score
Hi All -

Alright-y. Here we go again. I'm currently at CD4 and finishing up my period (oddly short). I decided to take a OPK just so I could verify what a negative response would be for future testing reference. Obviously it was negative, but there was a definite line next to the control line. No where as dark, but present. My question is - I was expecting there to be no line at all. Is it possible my body always produces some of the LH and that is why it is showing? Or could I already be starting the O process even though I'm not yet through with my period?

Hi All -

Alright-y. Here we go again. I'm currently at CD4 and finishing up my period (oddly short). I decided to take a OPK just so I could verify what a negative response would be for future testing reference. Obviously it was negative, but there was a definite line next to the control line. No where as dark, but present. My question is - I was expecting there to be no line at all. Is it possible my body always produces some of the LH and that is why it is showing? Or could I already be starting the O process even though I'm not yet through with my period?

It's completely normal for OPK to always show some sort of line. I've never had one that doesn't have at least a faint test line. That faint line for me darkens and then gets as dark as the control line for my positive. So that's totally normal!

Yes, our bodies always have at least some lh at all times, so a faint line is very normal.

Very normal. And actually, you may see the line fade a bit until your ovulation. Your LH is a little higher around your period. I get good lines when my period is here. Not positive, but definite lines. They fade over a few days, and then don't show back up until my LH surge for ovulation. Like the other posters said, there's always some LH in your system, and the levels will change throughout your cycle.

Thanks for the responses!

It's so funny, you tell yourself you're going to be calm, cool and collective and then the second something happens it's "omg! is this normal?! What does this all meeeeaaaannnnn?????"

Just have to breathe and see what the month brings..

Thanks for the responses!

It's so funny, you tell yourself you're going to be calm, cool and collective and then the second something happens it's "omg! is this normal?! What does this all meeeeaaaannnnn?????"

Just have to breathe and see what the month brings..

I completely understand. I am not expecting a BFP this month as it is our first month trying. I said I would take an hpt but not really be too worried about the results. Today at 9dpo I got a random pink dot and I nearly lost it. I was so convinced I was playing it cool and then I got my hopes up. Likely a faulty test but man, the littlest thing can realy throw me into a tizzy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->