+OPK right before AF is due...

DaisyAnne

Reaction score
Ugh, I didn't want to do this to myself, but I randomly took an OPK yesterday even though I'm waiting on AF right now, not ovulation. It was almost positive, so I ended up taking another one today- which came back positive (the line was a tad darker than the control).

I'm CD 29, and I didn't use OPKs earlier in the month, although I assumed I ovulated around CD 18 according to my CM. Anyway, I know +OPKs before AF is due could mean pregnancy, and I also know I could just be ovulating really late. Does anyone know of anything else it could mean? Or are OPKs just really unreliable in general?

Actually a positive OPK around when AF is due does =/= pregnancy. It means you had a second LH serge. This doesn't mean you will ovulate again, a lot of women get a second serge right before AF is due.

If you think you are pregnant, take a HPT.

I took a cheapie HPT right after I got the +OPK, but it was totally negative, no hint of a line whatsoever. Since it was mid-afternoon and I had already peed right before that, etc., I think I will take an HPT in the morning- and another OPK tomorrow afternoon if the HPT is -.

I have had a little bit of a strange month for my CM, with nearly a week of EWCM around when I would expect ovulation to fall, but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just ovulating super late as it's just been kind of weird all month. The other side of it is that I've been having some definite morning sickness-like nausea for several days, but I've just been thinking that it's PMS since I have the bad luck of getting that for PMS these last few cycles. I even have an appointment with my OBGYN in a week about my PMS nausea, since I was so fed up that it started again this month! I'm curious, though, if there are other reasons for a +OPK this late.

I would test again in a couple days, my opk was + a day before hpt was +

I tested with an HPT cheapie this morning and it was negative. Going to do another OPK this afternoon :)
While reading other people talk about this, it seems like some women maybe get an LH surge right before their period or something? Guess I'm going to just have to wait and keep testing and see what happens with my AF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->