OPK test ALWAYS positive HPT always negative!!!

Monilynn85

Mother of 1 and TTC again
Reaction score
I am sooo confused!! I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months or so now and its just not working out for us. We bought the clearblue digital OPK and I got 5 days of positives that showed 3xper day. I then got 2 days negative results. Now I'm getting 2 days of positive results again.I am so confused!! If anyone could possibly help. I feel ready to just give up. Ive tried to go to the doctor and they tell me be patient and keep trying.

I have sometimes have irregular cycles and sometimes they are regular. I could go months of it being on time same time or sometimes just a couple days off. Last year I got my period every month around same time up until Sept. 4th. I did not have another one until around Dec.7th. then again on Dec. 31st I started bleeding again for about 3 days lightly. I have not had a period since. I took CVS brand of HPT a couple of weeks ago before I started testing with the OPK and 3 of them got all positives(faint positives) I got so excited but took another brand FRER and got negative results. I read that blue dyed tests are known for false positives. I also read sometimes you can get positives on OPK if your already pregnant. So today I took another FRER and it was negative.

Anyone have any suggestions or maybe able to help??

I've found the Clear Blue Digital can be a little too sensitive for me. So is the First Response OPK as well as the Answer OPK, So what I would suggest is buying some cheapy OPK's from the internet, and when you get a positive on the CB digi, double check it with the cheapy and see if both are positive. If that doesn't clear it up for you, then charting will be your best bet, so you can know for sure if you're ovulating, many woman (myself included) get several days of positive OPK's but still ovulate the day after the OPK goes positive. Hope I helped, good luck :dust:

Here is a stupid question. I put a ovulation test strip in a digital hpt test by accident and it said pregnant. Would it really read that or is it reading that I'm ovulating?? And saying pregnant?

It's reading the two strong positive Lines on the OPK and reading pregnant, but it's only detecting ovulation. Also; those blue dye tests are so bad for false positives and evaps. I would stay completely clear of them if at all possible.

I got excited again but then realized I put wrong test strip in :(

Do you chart your temperatures? It may be an idea to start as you are having irregular cycles. Then you can go to your doctors and point out that you are trying to conceive, however having difficulty because of your periods being so over the place. The temp charts could back up that you are indeed being patient!

You could have surged but not released the egg and are trying again. I agree with buying some ic strips then you can see exactly how dark your lines are getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->